nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51068
View in linear mode

Subject: "Scale on Nikon Bellows Focusing Attachment Model II" Previous topic | Next topic
hjens Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2007Fri 17-May-13 05:24 AM
192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Scale on Nikon Bellows Focusing Attachment Model II"

Fredericia, DK

I have got the bellow model II like shown here:
http://www.destoutz.ch/acc_cu_bellows_2_84082.html

I have try to look for a manual without any success. Can anybody tell for what lens (xx mm) the scale on each side is valid for?
I expect this is from film-days so the magnification is for FX censor?

Henning from Denmark
www.HMJ-foto.dk

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Fri 17-May-13 05:46 AM
1609 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Scale on Nikon Bellows Focusing Attachment Model II"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Knowing the extension (in mm) helps you calculate magnification ratios.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, gripped D7100, Nikon FM2n, Nikon P7100, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 20/AF-D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28/2.8 AF-D, Sigma 28/2.8 Mini-Wide II, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 50/1.8E, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, Tamron 150-600, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2,000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

hjens Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2007Mon 20-May-13 01:05 PM
192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Scale on Nikon Bellows Focusing Attachment Model II"
In response to Reply # 1

Fredericia, DK

Yes Ken I know.
I found on the web the scales are for 50 mm and 135 mm lens.

Henning from Denmark
www.HMJ-foto.dk

Epidote Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007Thu 23-May-13 03:05 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Scale on Nikon Bellows Focusing Attachment Model II"
In response to Reply # 0

Centennial, US

Joseph D. Cooper in his book Nikon-Nikkormat Handbook (Amphoto, 1974) in a discussion of the Bellows 2 states” Magnification and exposure scales for both of these lenses (50mm f/2 and 135mm f/4) are engraved on the bellows rails”. Cooper also gives three tables of magnification-ranges for lenses that were available at the time this bellows model was in active production.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51068 Previous topic | Next topic