Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51008
View in linear mode

Subject: "30 minute old Monarch Butterfly" Previous topic | Next topic
massulo Gold Member Nikonian since 07th May 2002Sun 12-May-13 11:52 PM
10615 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"30 minute old Monarch Butterfly"

Tampa/Lutz, US

He just emerged from his chrysalis 30 minutes prios and his wing were wet not rally able to open them much..
D300
Tamron 60mm F2
F8 1/60 +.33 iso 200
Flash on board

Preston-(The Tampa Nikonian)..D300

-One does not know what one is missing - until you miss it..

My Website

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Mon 13-May-13 08:44 PM
2368 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 30 minute old Monarch Butterfly"
In response to Reply # 0

Hectorspruit, ZA

Now this is more like it. The contrast may be just slightly too high, hence the bluish tint on the reflective areas. If you could have used a slightly different angle to get all the wings +- in focus. To me this disqualify what should have been a salon winner.

Aart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009Mon 20-May-13 12:16 AM
613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 30 minute old Monarch Butterfly"
In response to Reply # 0

Destrehan, US

Very nice. It is truly a wonderful experience to witness this.

Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Mon 20-May-13 09:44 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 30 minute old Monarch Butterfly"
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

Amazing. Nice shot. Thanks for sharing. I cannot wait for the butterflies to emerge in numbers up my way, only a few so far.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

massulo Gold Member Nikonian since 07th May 2002Mon 20-May-13 11:56 PM
10615 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: 30 minute old Monarch Butterfly"
In response to Reply # 3

Tampa/Lutz, US

Thanks to all for their wonderful comments - I will post more that are in focus completely

Preston-(The Tampa Nikonian)..D300

-One does not know what one is missing - until you miss it..

My Website

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #51008 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.