nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50945
View in linear mode

Subject: "Milkweed Plant" Previous topic | Next topic
massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tampa/Lutz, US  Nikonian since 07th May 2002 Tue 07-May-13 02:14 PM
11022 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Milkweed Plant"

Interesting story here. These are the plants that have the beginning stage in the development of the Monarch butterfly.
The eggs are deposited on the leaves - they grow into larvae, Beth my wife collects the larvae and places them in a special cage, they eat the leaves and then prepare their cocoon. We have 6 of them. Waiting for them to morph into the Monarch..
D300
Nikon 70-200F4 1.4TC
F13
1/60
iso 400
Hand held

Preston-(The Tampa Nikonian)..D610

-One does not know what one is missing - until you miss it..

My Website

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Milkweed Plant AartPapaya Silver Member
07th May 2013
Reply message RE: Milkweed Plant massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th May 2013
Reply message RE: Milkweed Plant jtmcg Gold Member
07th May 2013
Reply message RE: Milkweed Plant massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th May 2013
Reply message RE: Milkweed Plant aolander Silver Member
07th May 2013
07th May 2013
Reply message RE: Milkweed Plant lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
09th May 2013
11th May 2013
Reply message RE: Milkweed Plant birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
14th May 2013
14th May 2013

AartPapaya Silver Member  Hectorspruit, ZA  Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011 Tue 07-May-13 08:16 PM
3168 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 0

This is not a photograph...... It is a piece of art (with one a). Well done.

Aart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tampa/Lutz, US  Nikonian since 07th May 2002 Tue 07-May-13 09:25 PM
11022 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks my friend for the kind words

My Website

jtmcg Gold Member  Simsbury, US  Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007 Tue 07-May-13 09:08 PM
4032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 0

Very nice shot of the milkweed blossom Preston.

We have a different variety up here, pink blossoms instead of that bright red. Years ago I found a couple of Monarch caterpillars in the field and took them home with a milkweed plant and put them on large jars. They eventually formed chrysalises and then emerged. Somewhere I have pictures of my two kids with a monarch sitting on their finger until its wings were ready for flight and it flew off. Great fun.

John

massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tampa/Lutz, US  Nikonian since 07th May 2002 Tue 07-May-13 09:26 PM
#4. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 2

Thank you John we have 8 chrysalises now

My Website

aolander Silver Member  Nevis, US  Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006 Tue 07-May-13 09:28 PM
3430 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 0

The common milkweed isn't nearly as colorful.

Alan

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tampa/Lutz, US  Nikonian since 07th May 2002 Tue 07-May-13 09:34 PM
#6. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 5

excellent photo thanks

My Website

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Dallas, US  Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007 Thu 09-May-13 03:50 AM
832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with Aart on the art comment. Beautiful interpretation, love it!

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tampa/Lutz, US  Nikonian since 07th May 2002 Sat 11-May-13 01:10 AM
#8. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 7

Thank you Mark

My Website

birdied Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest   Destrehan, US  Nikonian since 07th Sep 2009 Tue 14-May-13 10:55 PM
727 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 0

Lovely shot.
Birdie

Choices Matter

Visit

www.birdied.zenfolio.com

massulo Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Tampa/Lutz, US  Nikonian since 07th May 2002 Tue 14-May-13 11:33 PM
#10. "RE: Milkweed Plant"
In response to Reply # 9

Thank you Birdie

My Website

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50945 Previous topic | Next topic