Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50863
View in linear mode

Subject: "Focus stacking w/ elements?" Previous topic | Next topic
Jamed600 Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2013Sun 28-Apr-13 04:57 PM
138 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Focus stacking w/ elements?"

Naperville, US

I am interested in starting into macro. Just bought 105 Micro, have TC 2.0 and bought a set of extension tubes. After seeing the 'disposable pie plate' photo by 480 sparky and others I can see that focus stacking is a neat and I am sure challenging process. My question is what software is required to handle this? I currently have and am trying to master photoshop elements 11. A pro that I know says that even CS5 doesn't do an adequate job and recommends Zyrene Stacker. I am a ways from even trying focus stacking and if there is substantial added software cost (and a steep learning curve) I will just file it as something to think about someday. Thanks, Jim B

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sun 28-Apr-13 08:35 PM
4188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Focus stacking w/ elements?"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

James,here is a free program that works quite well and is used by many members in this forum. Good luck and welcome to Nikonians.

http://hadleyweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CZM/News.htm

Rick

Jamed600 Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2013Mon 29-Apr-13 04:12 PM
138 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Focus stacking w/ elements?"
In response to Reply # 1

Naperville, US

Rick, thanks for URL, will try

rpoyner Registered since 23rd Apr 2013Sun 12-May-13 07:36 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Focus stacking w/ elements?"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Hi James, just adding to previous post ref CombineZM (CZM), I've used this for a couple of years and although doesn't always work well, it does a great job normally. One thing I have found is to use a monopod / tripod where possible as it doesn't always deal with excessive movement between shots. Have fun.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50863 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.