Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50656
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question about Nikon close-up attachment lenses" Previous topic | Next topic
Phil Seu Registered since 02nd Jun 2008Fri 15-Mar-13 09:23 AM
207 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Question about Nikon close-up attachment lenses"

US

Hi I have a Nikon No 5T and No 6T close-up lens which I bought used. I never use them and was wondering what they might be worth.

thanks

Phil

Canine photography: www.caninepixel.com
Nature photography: www.philseu.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Fri 15-Mar-13 01:30 PM
3494 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Question about Nikon close-up attachment lenses"
In response to Reply # 0

Simsbury, US

Here's a KEH listing.

http://www.keh.com/search?store=camera&brand=Brand&category=Class&k=Nikon%205T&s=1&bcode=Brand&ccode=Class&grade=Grade&sprice=0&eprice=0&r=SE&e

John

Snapshott Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Sep 2007Thu 28-Mar-13 12:50 PM
396 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Question about Nikon close-up attachment lenses"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

They normally sell on ebay for $100-$200 each. Other places they can be purchased for less. I haven't gotten one in a year or two but one well respected online vendor was selling used ones for $29.00 each. I picked up several from them.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 09-Apr-13 11:39 AM
8475 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Question about Nikon close-up attachment lenses"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

The 5T and 6T tend to run around $100 each. Optically they are quite good - and stackable. Close up lenses do add glass whcih can be a disadvantage, but the quality of the Nikon 5T and 6T is excellent.

The 5T and 6T work very well with the Nikon 105 macro lens. They also work well with the 70-300 and an adapter ring.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50656 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.