nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Mirror up?! advise please

guyparker

Rugby, UK
953 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
guyparker Registered since 21st Dec 2005
Fri 08-Mar-13 04:12 PM

I'm trying my hand at Macro for the first time, but am not sure if I should:
a) Use the camera on self-timer
b) Use mirror up

I've tried some shot using flash and timer but whilst the shots are OKAY compared to a non-macro lens, they do seem a little fuzzy, not perfectly sharp. Should I always use Mirror up for Macro shots? If so, should I also be using a shutter release cable?

Also, although my eyesight is good, it's not 20/20 - are there any tips for getting focus spot on? I'm already using a good quality head with macro focussing plates, but it's it's more the fact that I find it difficult to see if focus is spot on in the viewfinder.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please Sing141 Silver Member
08th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine
08th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please guyparker
08th Mar 2013
     Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please aolander Silver Member
08th Mar 2013
     Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please PeterBeckett Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please RWCooper Silver Member
21st Mar 2013
23rd Mar 2013
     Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please Snapshott Silver Member
28th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please esandy Silver Member
29th Mar 2013
Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please AartPapaya Silver Member
25th Apr 2013
Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please CJO
29th Apr 2013
     Reply message RE: Mirror up?! advise please nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support
30th Apr 2013
30th Apr 2013

G