nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50288
View in linear mode

Subject: "Magic Wings" Previous topic | Next topic
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Sun 20-Jan-13 02:17 AM
7119 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Magic Wings"

Wethersfield, US

I had the opportunity today to go to the Magic Wings butterfly conservatory in S. Deerfield, MA. Here are a few of the shots I got.

All shots are with a D7000. The first three are with an AF 85 f/1.8D and a Kenko 12-mm extension tube, lit with a Phoenix RF46 ring flash. The second three are with an AF-S 70-200 f/2.8 VR with a Canon 500D close-up lens, lit with a shoe-mounted SB-800.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

NikonMark37814 Registered since 20th May 2010Sun 20-Jan-13 11:18 AM
1125 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Magic Wings"
In response to Reply # 0

Morristown, US

Nice pictures, I like #4 the most. Tell me about your ringflash, how do you like it? I'd like to get one for my 85 micro VR and 105 D micro lenses.

mVs
D2x, D300s, D700 & D800

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Sun 20-Jan-13 03:16 PM
7119 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Magic Wings"
In response to Reply # 1

Wethersfield, US

Thanks. Mark. The ring flash is OK, I guess. It works just fine, although I seem to need to dial in different amounts of EV when I make large changes in aperture. But it's pretty flimsily built. The flash tube actually rattles in the housing, and the thumbwheel that secures the flash to the hot shoe doesn't get completely tight. Frankly, I kind of wish I had laid out the cash for a better one.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50288 Previous topic | Next topic