Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jbloom

Wethersfield, US
7708 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004
Fri 18-Jan-13 02:01 PM | edited Fri 18-Jan-13 06:54 PM by jbloom

This is probably old hat to all of you experienced macro shooters, but I've just been playing with an old Hartblei 80-mm tilt/rotate (no shift) lens I bought a long time ago as a learning tool. I set it up today with a 12-mm Kenko extension tube and a cheap Phoenix ring flash to play around and get some sense of the effect of the tilt capability.

Here is one of the tests I did. Both shots are at f/8.

Zero degrees of tilt:

Click on image to view larger version

Eight degrees of tilt:

Click on image to view larger version

I'm not sure why it is that, while the corners of the object are more in-focus in the 8-degree shot, the center is less sharp. Then again, this is not the world's greatest lens, so maybe I'm seeing odd lens aberrations?

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

G