nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50027
View in linear mode

Subject: "Christmas Cookies" Previous topic | Next topic
Searider Silver Member  Austin, US  Nikonian since 16th Nov 2004 Fri 07-Dec-12 11:38 PM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Christmas Cookies"

I'm starting to get the hang of my new 105 Micro Nikor.

D800 with 105mm lense
1/125 at f18 ISO 200 using indirect flash

-------------------------------------------------
You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in.
-- Arlo Guthrie --

-Michael-

More Pictures : http://pbase.com/mboswell

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Christmas Cookies four eighty sparky Silver Member
08th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Christmas Cookies PhotoSpydie Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for her support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
09th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Christmas Cookies Searider Silver Member
10th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Christmas Cookies TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums.
09th Dec 2012
10th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Christmas Cookies buddyro48 Silver Member
22nd Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Christmas Cookies Lnease
01st Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Christmas Cookies autoexer Silver Member
23rd Jan 2013
31st Jan 2013
31st Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Christmas Cookies jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
31st Jan 2013
31st Jan 2013

four eighty sparky Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011 Sat 08-Dec-12 03:27 AM
1652 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 0

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... cookies! Click on image to view larger version

I hate when people ask me what I see myself doing in 5 years...... I don't have 2020 vision!

Visit my website.

PhotoSpydie Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for her support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Buckeye, US  Nikonian since 17th Jul 2011 Sun 09-Dec-12 01:54 AM
201 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 0

Dang it!! You have gotten me to the kitchen. This is a delicious shot!!

Carol
photospydie.com

Searider Silver Member  Austin, US  Nikonian since 16th Nov 2004 Mon 10-Dec-12 12:32 AM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 2

Thank you PhotoSpydie. Still working to get DOF undercontrol for these close up shots.

-- Arlo Guthrie --

-Michael-

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums.   WUNGHNU, AU  Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007 Sun 09-Dec-12 08:03 AM
2529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks a bit like the raspberry cheesecake cookies they sell at Subway - my favourite. Lovely shot.

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

Searider Silver Member  Austin, US  Nikonian since 16th Nov 2004 Mon 10-Dec-12 12:34 AM
#5. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for your comment Teitzy. These are rasberry and white chocolate chip, baked by my sister-in-law. They filled the table so I could not resit taking a few shots (and cookies).

-- Arlo Guthrie --

-Michael-

buddyro48 Silver Member  Santa Maria, US  Nikonian since 12th Feb 2009 Sat 22-Dec-12 05:38 PM
239 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 0

RATS..........and me without any milk...

Lnease   US  Registered since 28th Dec 2012 Tue 01-Jan-13 03:23 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks -- there goes my New Years resolution! I think I may have gained weight just looking at this!

I just ordered a nikon 105 -- have you been pleased with it? This will be my first macro lens.

autoexer Silver Member  Waukesha, US  Nikonian since 27th Jan 2011 Wed 23-Jan-13 02:17 AM
1075 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 7

maybe with a 3d printer, we could share?

nice picture, the dof is great...

Df, FA, FG, F

Searider Silver Member  Austin, US  Nikonian since 16th Nov 2004 Thu 31-Jan-13 08:15 PM
#11. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 8

Thank you autoexer. DOF is the Boss in macro shots !

-- Arlo Guthrie --

-Michael-

Searider Silver Member  Austin, US  Nikonian since 16th Nov 2004 Thu 31-Jan-13 08:13 PM
#10. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 7

This is my first true macro lens as well and so far it is my new favorite lense.

-- Arlo Guthrie --

-Michael-

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Milwaukee, US  Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009 Thu 31-Jan-13 07:07 PM
5331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 0

Ok...this image is good. Nice selective focus. I want to reach right into my monitor and pluck out two or three of these scrumptious looking cookies!

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Searider Silver Member  Austin, US  Nikonian since 16th Nov 2004 Thu 31-Jan-13 08:16 PM
#12. "RE: Christmas Cookies"
In response to Reply # 9

Thank You jdroach for taking time to look at this. I am still learning my 105. The best part of this shoot was disposing of the subject!

-- Arlo Guthrie --

-Michael-

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #50027 Previous topic | Next topic