Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49854
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bugs & dew drops" Previous topic | Next topic
TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Mon 12-Nov-12 10:59 AM
2514 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bugs & dew drops"

WUNGHNU, AU

Few more recent shots.

Cheers
Leigh

1. Stacked image with just the naked 60f2 (no tubes).

2. Jumper from today

3. Drone hoverfly from today

4. Fly from last week.

My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Bugs & dew drops
VR8 Silver Member
12th Nov 2012
TEITZY Silver Member
13th Nov 2012
chamise Silver Member
14th Nov 2012
rb4good Silver Member
14th Nov 2012
TEITZY Silver Member
15th Nov 2012
landism
15th Nov 2012
D2xer
16th Nov 2012
TEITZY Silver Member
16th Nov 2012
Reilly M
16th Nov 2012
TEITZY Silver Member
17th Nov 2012
tityansk
17th Nov 2012
TEITZY Silver Member
18th Nov 2012
TerryMc Silver Member
12th Dec 2012
TEITZY Silver Member
14th Dec 2012
Scotty45 Silver Member
18th Dec 2012
TEITZY Silver Member
18th Dec 2012

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Mon 12-Nov-12 12:35 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

Another set of fabulous shots. Wow!

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Tue 13-Nov-12 11:32 AM
2514 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 1

WUNGHNU, AU

Thanks Victor. Glad you liked them

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

chamise Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jan 2010Wed 14-Nov-12 04:55 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I normally don't think spiders are cute, but #2 is adorable! Great photos and thanks for sharing.

-------------------
Frances (^.^)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Wed 14-Nov-12 09:28 AM
4174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

More excellence,Leigh.Thanks for sharing. Are you still using Combine ZP ?

Rick

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Thu 15-Nov-12 09:46 AM
#5. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

WUNGHNU, AU

Thanks Camise & Rick for you comments.

Yes Rick I still use CombineZP for my stacks.

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

landism Registered since 22nd Oct 2011Thu 15-Nov-12 10:30 AM
476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

great captures!

D2xer Registered since 31st Oct 2012Fri 16-Nov-12 05:58 PM
195 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Oakland, US

Fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration 8>)

cheers
D2xer

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Fri 16-Nov-12 07:49 PM
#8. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

WUNGHNU, AU

Thanks again for your comments

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

Reilly M Registered since 26th Jul 2008Fri 16-Nov-12 11:57 PM
983 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Monrovia, US

Man, you need to quit your day job!

yours,
Reilly

The only stupid question is the one you should have asked....

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Sat 17-Nov-12 01:11 AM
#10. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 9

WUNGHNU, AU

Haha thanks Reilly. Fortunately my "day job" pays for my hobby I don't think there is huge money to be made in photos of bugs unfortunately. I've made more money out of the odd wedding and my sports shots than my 100,000+ bug shots

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

tityansk Registered since 14th Nov 2008Sat 17-Nov-12 05:27 PM
57 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

PUNE, IN

Amazing shots. Love the sharpness and DoF.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Hemant
Nikonian from Pune, India
F80, D90

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Sun 18-Nov-12 08:27 PM
#12. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 11

WUNGHNU, AU

Thanks Hemant.

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

TerryMc Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2008Wed 12-Dec-12 09:59 PM
461 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Sagamore Hills, US

I like the 1st one Leigh. The refraction in the water droplets is interesting. What is the blue material, your sweater perhaps?

Took me a minute to see the spider web.

Terry

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Fri 14-Dec-12 09:22 AM
#14. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 13

WUNGHNU, AU

Thanks Terry. For the blue background I used a foam mat (one you kneel on when working in the garden).

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

Scotty45 Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Mar 2010Tue 18-Dec-12 09:51 AM
1363 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 0

Swan Reach.Vic., AU

How do you get a Jumper to sit still long enough for a shot? Nice photos Leigh....Scotty.

'Proper Preparation Prevents Pathetic Performance'.

TEITZY Silver Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments, most notably in the macro and sports forums. Nikonian since 14th Mar 2007Tue 18-Dec-12 08:12 PM
#16. "RE: Bugs & dew drops"
In response to Reply # 15

WUNGHNU, AU

Hi Scotty,
Jumpers are pretty inquisitive and once you get their attention they will often 'pose' for the camera. Some of course will just scurry away but I find most to be fairly cooperative subjects. Probably the biggest problem I have with Jumpers is that quite often they will jump onto the lens or camera for a closer look

Cheers
Leigh

My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49854 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.