Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49620
View in linear mode

Subject: "some bugs over the weekend." Previous topic | Next topic
mahasuresh Registered since 03rd Jan 2008Tue 16-Oct-12 08:14 PM
447 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"some bugs over the weekend."

Plano, US

Some bugs from a nearby flower patch. Shots with D300S and Nikkor 105mm VR.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: some bugs over the weekend.
VR8 Silver Member
25th Oct 2012
mahasuresh
26th Oct 2012
gbmphoto
26th Oct 2012
mahasuresh
27th Oct 2012
jrp Administrator
28th Oct 2012
mahasuresh
28th Oct 2012
jrp Administrator
01st Nov 2012

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Thu 25-Oct-12 09:52 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: some bugs over the weekend."
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

The first shot is a winner! Great stuff.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

mahasuresh Registered since 03rd Jan 2008Fri 26-Oct-12 02:24 PM
447 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: some bugs over the weekend."
In response to Reply # 1

Plano, US

Thanks Victor. I appreciate your comments. I have been thinking may these crappy because no one cared to post a comment.

gbmphoto Registered since 12th Sep 2012Fri 26-Oct-12 05:41 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: some bugs over the weekend."
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Really like the first one. Would you care to share your technique for capturing them in flight please?

mahasuresh Registered since 03rd Jan 2008Sat 27-Oct-12 01:43 PM
#4. "RE: some bugs over the weekend."
In response to Reply # 3

Plano, US

>Really like the first one. Would you care to share your
>technique for capturing them in flight please?

Graham

The first one was my favorite of the lot. I also like the lady bug one which is simple and striking.

For the bee flying shot, it really boils down to anticipation. Actually that is the bug flying away after having its nectar. I focussed on the bee while it was sitting on the flow. Since i had a fairly high aperture around F16, it gives me a cushion if i am slightly off on focus when it flies. Having the camera on high speed motor drive helps. I was just firing away a few seconds back before it flied and this was my best of the 15 picture i fired.

D300S, 105mm VR, ISO -640, 1/400s.

Thanks
Suresh

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSun 28-Oct-12 03:30 PM
34756 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: some bugs over the weekend."
In response to Reply # 4

San Pedro Garza García, MX

The three of them are superb!
The colors, the action, the composition, the bokeh.
On a tripod?

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

mahasuresh Registered since 03rd Jan 2008Sun 28-Oct-12 07:37 PM
#6. "RE: some bugs over the weekend."
In response to Reply # 5

Plano, US

JRP

Those are invaluable comments! Thanks so much! All of them are hand held.

Thanks
Suresh

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 01-Nov-12 06:27 PM
34756 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: some bugs over the weekend."
In response to Reply # 6

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Remarkable.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49620 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.