Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49389
View in linear mode

Subject: "question about "the drip kit"" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Wed 19-Sep-12 07:19 PM
1408 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"question about "the drip kit""

US

Hi everyone, I am currently working on waterdrops. Getting tired of all the mess after I get everything set up using a simple bag of water mounted on a tripod sitting on my table. I have been doing some research of prices etc. and it seems the only thing out there is the "drip kit" and the "stop shot" The stop shot is running around $400 which I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money for a toy. And I can't find out anywhere what the price of the drip kit. Does anyone know that and would I also need the "time machine" to go along with it. I can't seem to find those answers anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated....Or does anyone have any other suggestions. My greatest problem is just getting the drips to be consistant. It seems like I get the drops started but then if I add any kind of additive to it to make the drops a little heavier to make a bigger splash, then it won't drip through the hole...oh my...what a mess I end up having..must be a better way...thanks for any suggestions in advance...

Darlene

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: question about "the drip kit"
DSPhotog2 Silver Member
19th Sep 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
20th Sep 2012
mfphoto1
20th Sep 2012
aolander Silver Member
20th Sep 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
20th Sep 2012
jgschwend Silver Member
25th Sep 2012
daswolfe Silver Member
17th Jan 2013

DSPhotog2 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Sep 2003Wed 19-Sep-12 10:14 PM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: question about "the drip kit""
In response to Reply # 0

Baldwin, US

Darlene,

All the Info. you're looking for is at this link:

http://www.bmumford.com/OrderCamSecure.html

Hope this helps,

Dave

You can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can’t make him think.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Thu 20-Sep-12 01:27 AM
1408 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: question about "the drip kit""
In response to Reply # 1

US

Hi Dave, thanks for replying. I saw that link and saw where it is $325, but that's just for that little machine right...I still would have to get the drip kit and I can't find out how much it is alone. do I have to have the time machine in order for the drip kit to work? do you know?

Darlene

mfphoto1 Registered since 29th Oct 2005Thu 20-Sep-12 12:56 PM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: question about "the drip kit""
In response to Reply # 2
Thu 20-Sep-12 01:05 PM by mfphoto1

Cincinnati, US

The Drip kit is 150.00 alone. It's listed under accessories when you scroll down. This looks like an interesting set up, could be fun. But it's an investment that I don't know how often I would use it.

According to the manual http://www.bmumford.com/photo/waterdrops/DripKit12.pdf you need the time machine to use the drip kit.

"Step into my world and see as I see"

My Nikonians Gallery

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Thu 20-Sep-12 01:11 PM
3233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: question about "the drip kit""
In response to Reply # 2

Nevis, US

At the bottom of this page ( http://www.bmumford.com/photo/waterdrops/dripkit.html ) it says:

"To use the Drip Kit you need to order the following items:

1) The Time Machine
2) The Drip Kit
3) A Time Machine shutter cable for your camera
4) Cables to connect your off-camera flash to the female sync jack of the Time Machine. If your flashes have no sync jack, you can use a hot shoe adaptor to add one. If you want to use more than one flash, you may be able to use a sync jack splitter to plug them into. You may also need flash cables."

The Drip Kit is another $150. The order page is here:

http://www.bmumford.com/OrderCamSecure.html

I think you have to have both the Drip Kit and Time Machine.

Alan

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008Thu 20-Sep-12 03:15 PM
#5. "RE: question about "the drip kit""
In response to Reply # 4
Thu 20-Sep-12 03:30 PM by pasknucklehead

US

Oh my, is any of you planning on buying me a christmas gift this year??????????????? hehehhee.
Well, we'll see what goes...but thanks for letting me know I need both plus the cables......those flash extension chords, do I need the female one or the male one? I just ordered the sb700 and have the 600 already, but is what they are saying is the flash will be OFF the camera while using this? So I should probably connect it to the 700 correct and then are you guys thinking I will need another chord to connect the 700 and 600? I know this stuff is way over my head, but I am excited, because from what my drops look like now, I can really make some nice cool ones... I just want to make sure I order everything correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Darlene

jgschwend Silver Member Charter MemberTue 25-Sep-12 04:22 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: question about "the drip kit""
In response to Reply # 5
Tue 25-Sep-12 04:22 PM by jgschwend

Lake Forest, US

Don't know if it will do water drips, but Triggertrap looks interesting:

https://triggertrap.com

Jeff

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chicago photography: shoot early, shoot often
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

daswolfe Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2008Thu 17-Jan-13 08:29 AM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: question about "the drip kit""
In response to Reply # 6
Thu 17-Jan-13 03:16 PM by daswolfe

Norwich, US

I know this is an old thread, but I use a Camera Axe and thier valve sensor kit, Should be able to pick both up for about $250. Camera Axe is a Arudino open source Micro processor. They have other sensors available for stop motion photography. See my Gallery for images made with the old system. New ones even better up to Three drops per image.
They also have images/sites on U tube and Flicker.

Gratitude is the sign of noble souls

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49389 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.