Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49296
View in linear mode

Subject: "The Tea is ready." Previous topic | Next topic
anabasis Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2003Tue 04-Sep-12 08:29 PM
1780 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"The Tea is ready."

Edwardsville, US

Experimenting with glass

Nikon D700
105mm f4 Bellows Nikkor on PB-6 bellows
3 SB-200 strobes.

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977699@N00/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Tue 04-Sep-12 11:10 PM
4166 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: The Tea is ready."
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Nice job on the teapot,Jeremy. If you are looking for critique,my nits would be,#1 the grey background(might be able to correct that in NX2 with a few selection control points),#2 the reflections in the knob on the lid(very distracting) and #3 maybe a little more room on the top. But all in all,nicely done. I played around with glass during last winters months and had a lot of fun experimenting. Black glass or shiney black surfaces were the biggest challenges that I ran into. Just have fun with it and try out different settings and light placement.

Rick

anabasis Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2003Wed 05-Sep-12 12:09 AM
1780 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: The Tea is ready."
In response to Reply # 1

Edwardsville, US

I agree Rick. Those 3 issues should be fairly easy to resolve. I need to balance the background lighting and get an actual backdrop given the "fisheye" effect of the lid-glass orb. The crop is an easy fix of course.

I will work at it.

JCA

Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37977699@N00/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Wed 05-Sep-12 01:37 AM
26546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: The Tea is ready."
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

Cool!

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49296 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.