Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49249
View in linear mode

Subject: "Grasshopper (corrected title)" Previous topic | Next topic
VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Thu 30-Aug-12 09:19 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Grasshopper (corrected title)"
Fri 31-Aug-12 05:34 PM by VR8

Ottawa, CA

105mm D lens, ISO 200 f11 @ 1/250th

This amazing cricket sat for my fiddling with settings. I even left to chimp in the shade and came back and took this with flash (sb900/wide angle fresnel in a Lastolite 8x8in on camera).

As I said in a response to rb4good - would be pleased to get some pointers about how to do this better. This was pure luck.

I have more macro shots of insects on my web page, see my earlier post, but this is not in the collection.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Sat 01-Sep-12 02:30 AM
801 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Grasshopper (corrected title)"
In response to Reply # 0

Dallas, US

I'm not sure you need any pointers on doing better, this is an awesome shot. Love it.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Sat 01-Sep-12 06:53 AM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Grasshopper (corrected title)"
In response to Reply # 1

Ottawa, CA

Thank you. Considering the body of remarkable work on your website I really appreciate the compliment.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49249 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.