nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49015
View in linear mode

Subject: "Dragonlfy" Previous topic | Next topic
Hycgelac Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2008Wed 15-Aug-12 03:41 PM
603 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Dragonlfy"

Oxford, US

D300 with Nikkor 300/4 and 1.4TC at f7.1, 1/1250, ISO 800.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showmembers.php?si=Hycgelac&x=16&y=8&perpage=12&sort=2&cat=500&limit=&ppuser=&sl

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Dragonlfy
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
15th Aug 2012
Hycgelac Silver Member
15th Aug 2012
kenray Silver Member
19th Aug 2012
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
23rd Aug 2012
philipl Gold Member
26th Aug 2012

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberWed 15-Aug-12 05:27 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Dragonlfy"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Wow! Great detail, love the catchlight.

I notice you shot this at ISO 800...could you have done this with ISO 400? If my math is correct, you would have a 1/625s shutter speed (1250/2), though your effective focal length would be 630mm (300mm x 1.5 x 1.4) which would be a little too close to the 1/focal length for hand holding without camera shake.

I guess I answered my own question. (I would have shot at ISO 800 too with similar equipment.

Was this handheld or on a tripod?

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Hycgelac Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2008Wed 15-Aug-12 06:08 PM
603 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Dragonlfy"
In response to Reply # 1

Oxford, US

Anthony,
I'm learning. The shot was handheld.
tj

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showmembers.php?si=Hycgelac&x=16&y=8&perpage=12&sort=2&cat=500&limit=&ppuser=&sl

kenray Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2008Sun 19-Aug-12 03:11 AM
210 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Dragonlfy"
In response to Reply # 2

Green Valley, US

Looks to me as if you HAVE LEARNED

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Thu 23-Aug-12 11:31 PM
4832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Dragonlfy"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Wonderful and unique light. They are interesting to photograph!

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

philipl Gold Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Sun 26-Aug-12 01:44 AM
1746 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Dragonlfy"
In response to Reply # 0

Oxford, US

That's a great photo with exceptional lighting (and you spotted it)

Philip

Do not settle for mediocrity. Rather strive for excellence for even in that attempt lies a measure of success.

My Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #49015 Previous topic | Next topic