nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #48992
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wild butterflies." Previous topic | Next topic
pjr Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2005Mon 13-Aug-12 01:01 AM
2244 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wild butterflies."

Manotick, CA

D7000 + Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 EX OS HSM DX (!), polarizing filter, hand-held.
50mm, f/3.5, 1/320 s., ISO 100
Basic adjustments and cropped square in LR 4.1, Nik Color Efex Pro filters added and unsharp mask in PS CS6.

I was pleasantly surprised that this lens could get such a decent macro shot, since it isn't really a macro lens.

Phil
A Canadian Nikonian
My portfolio: www.pjr99.500px.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Mon 13-Aug-12 01:12 AM
531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wild butterflies."
In response to Reply # 0

Hamilton, CA

Hi Phil.

That is one nice shot - and handheld.
You almost miss the second one staring at you.
Good shot.

Terry.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

pjr Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2005Mon 13-Aug-12 02:39 AM
2244 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wild butterflies."
In response to Reply # 1

Manotick, CA

Thanks, Terry!

Phil
A Canadian Nikonian
My portfolio: www.pjr99.500px.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #48992 Previous topic | Next topic