Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #47396
View in linear mode

Subject: "BIF" Previous topic | Next topic
philipl Gold Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Fri 13-Apr-12 01:51 AM
1738 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"BIF"

Oxford, US

In this forum I imagine that stands for bee in flight. D300, 105 micro, F 11, 1/1600 sec, -.7 EV, ISO 200 HH, NL

Philip

Do not settle for mediocrity. Rather strive for excellence for even in that attempt lies a measure of success.

My Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: BIF
buddyro48 Silver Member
13th Apr 2012
lastdaylight Gold Member
14th Apr 2012
philipl Gold Member
14th Apr 2012
Hycgelac Silver Member
15th Apr 2012
jdroach Platinum Member
19th Apr 2012

buddyro48 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2009Fri 13-Apr-12 09:57 PM
235 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: BIF"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 13-Apr-12 09:58 PM by buddyro48

Santa Maria, US

Great shot Philip....Is that after take-off or an approach??

Was that handheld or on a tripod waiting for the moment??
OK ...sorry I see the "HH" now...

I like it alot,
Michael

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Sat 14-Apr-12 03:34 AM
798 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: BIF"
In response to Reply # 0

Dallas, US

Wow, very nice Philip. Super crisp focus.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

philipl Gold Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Sat 14-Apr-12 12:51 PM
1738 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: BIF"
In response to Reply # 0

Oxford, US

On take off in very early morning light. Not sure that the 105 isn't "easier" to shoot than the 200.

Philip

Do not settle for mediocrity. Rather strive for excellence for even in that attempt lies a measure of success.

My Gallery

Hycgelac Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Sep 2008Sun 15-Apr-12 12:46 PM
546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: BIF"
In response to Reply # 0

Oxford, US

The shutter really nailed the g guy but you still have g rest depth of field.
tj

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showmembers.php?si=Hycgelac&x=16&y=8&perpage=12&sort=2&cat=500&limit=&ppuser=&sl

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Thu 19-Apr-12 12:59 PM
4473 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: BIF"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Wonderful Image!

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Micro, Macro & Close-up (Public) topic #47396 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.