nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Macro bellows continued ...

jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX
36742 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Sun 10-Jun-01 10:35 PM

OK.
You got me now hooked on micro photography.
I got my Tokina AT-X M100AF f/2.8 macro lens. But it is capable of 1:2 magnification ratio. Now, thanks to you, I want more.

The bellows is the PB-6. OK. It may go all the way to 11:1

I know I will need two PB-6D bellows spacers to be able to move either the F4s or the F5 on the PB-6 rail without interference.
For synchronization of the camera shutter with the lens on the bellows mount I need a special cable release: the AR-10 for the F5 (?).

Question 1: Which special cable release for the F4s? The AR-10 too? Or should I have asked the other way around: If the AR-10 is for the F4s, which one for the F5?

Question 2: What with the Focusing Stage PG-2? Do I must have it too for tripod-mounted macro photography? (It is hard to envision oneself hanholding those bellows).

Question 3: Should I get the SB-29 Macro Speedlight? Is there a subtantial difference whether one uses this or the SB-28 with a diffuser head like the Sto-Fen or a handkerchief?.

You got me into this area, now please help me to do it right.

Have a great time
JRP (Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert)
My profile
Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians:
A Brief Love Story

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Please join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members who help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Macro bellows continued ...

G