nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Vivitar 6000AF Macro flash (Ringlight)

jnscbl

US
3601 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jnscbl Basic Member
Thu 02-Aug-01 09:17 PM

http://home1.nikonnet.com/servlet/com.arcsoft.LoginNew?com=arcsoftBanner&awp=index3.html&DIRECT=&USERNAME=veloceles&PASSWORD=nikoneditor_-550113234&WHO=memberguest

I recently bought this new flash from B&H for about 110.00USD. I tested it with my N80 and 105mm AF f2.8D and Gold 100. I have posted four shots from the PictureCD (unenhanced) to NikonNet. The first image will have a caption, but no description. Just click anywhere on the image itself, and this will give you a view with the caption AND description. Isn't this silly? I hate NikonNet, but what else is there? (Is it the third quarter yet?)

This little flash is very lightweight. The power module fits in the hotshoe, and the flash module screws to the filter ring of the lens. The two modules are connected by a coiled cord. The power module has an ON/OFF switch, a ready light, and no other controls. Flash compensation can be controlled by the camera. I use spot metering, and try to position a sensor on the lightest part of the subject, so as to avoid "hot spots". If you are looking for a macro flash, but don't want to spend the megabucks for a new SB29, this will do just fine.---scott

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Vivitar 6000AF Macro flash (Ringlight)

G