Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #8457
View in linear mode

Subject: "the bronte sunrise" Previous topic | Next topic
zacm7001 Registered since 04th Feb 2006Sun 09-Apr-06 12:33 PM
112 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"the bronte sunrise"

Burlington, CA

i got up super early this morning to capture a nice spring sunrise. enjoy the photos. feel free to leave comments to better my skills

"http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/zacm/bronte11.jpg?" (405kb)
"http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/zacm/ad2f1694.jpg?" (343kb)

ZAC- http://zmphoto.blogspot.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: the bronte sunrise
schwett
10th Apr 2006
clarknj_1234
11th Apr 2006
zacm7001
11th Apr 2006
LeCCy
11th Apr 2006
zacm7001
12th Apr 2006

schwett Basic MemberMon 10-Apr-06 02:51 AM
353 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: the bronte sunrise"
In response to Reply # 0

San Francisco, US

i think the colors and tonality of the the first one are wonderful - the reflection of the lighthouse on the water, the texture in the waves, etc. very nice.

i'm not convinced by the composition though. i would probably crop out the bright region around the sun and maybe take a bit off the top. as it is the two elements (the horizontal jetty and the vertical tower/reflection) are sitting a bit too close to center and they each have almost the exact same relationship to center.

i think maybe the second one is trying to show too much - the strip of water between the jetty and the skyline prevents my eye from really settling in on the image. could also use a bit more black.

---------------------------------------

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76158145@N00/sets/

clarknj_1234 Registered since 25th Feb 2006Tue 11-Apr-06 01:47 AM
322 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: the bronte sunrise"
In response to Reply # 0

Pittsburgh, US

Nice picture of Toronto. I do agree a bit more black in the skyline would be nice. I'm not sure how you get that though as I'm a beginner.

I'm heading up there from Pittsburgh this weekend. I hope I'll have a sunrise like that. I do have one I shot of TO from Oakville in my gallery. Feel free to comment.

Nigel - A Nikonian from Moon

My Nikonians Gallery

zacm7001 Registered since 04th Feb 2006Tue 11-Apr-06 02:31 PM
112 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: the bronte sunrise"
In response to Reply # 2

Burlington, CA

hey thanks guys. not sure how to get the black in the sky unless i would have taken the shot a couple minutes earlier. i like the one of Toronto that you took very nice the one i took was with a 300mm lense from bronte harbor downtown oakville and thats what i got.

LeCCy Awarded for his excellent  contributions to the Resources Registered since 16th May 2004Tue 11-Apr-06 06:38 PM
1464 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: the bronte sunrise"
In response to Reply # 3

Nottinghamshire, GB

Both have very nice light. In the first I may have wanted to crop in a little closer to the tower, but thats just personal taste. On a whole the composition seems pretty good. Some may prefer not to have the glare of the sun in shot. Which 300mm lens did you use for the second shot out of interest? I think the composition is ok, but perhaps you are just too far away from the city (even with that 300!) for it to make a real impact on me. Theres just too much blank sky for my liking, even though its a nice coloured sky!

Well done anyway, getting up in the morning is half the battle

Russ
:-]

Meet the team

My Nikonians Gallery

zacm7001 Registered since 04th Feb 2006Wed 12-Apr-06 01:54 AM
#5. "RE: the bronte sunrise"
In response to Reply # 4

Burlington, CA

i use a sigma 70-300mm f4.0 and yea torontois pretty far from where i was shooting from it doesnt help with all the smog/haze between the buildings.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #8457 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.