Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #78360
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mighty Gullfoss" Previous topic | Next topic
jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Fri 29-Nov-13 07:23 PM
3490 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Mighty Gullfoss"
Sat 30-Nov-13 01:05 PM by jtmcg

Simsbury, US

Going over my photos from my Iceland tour with Nikonians this past summer. These are of Gullfoss, one of Iceland's many waterfalls. This waterfall is somewhat unusual in that the flow in the lower part of the falls is in a direction 90 deg from the flow in the upper falls.

D800, 24-70 f/2.8

John

1. The view from above the falls. There is a very long flight of stairs down to the lower level. Not bad going down but coming back with a camera bag full of gear and a tripod was an effort for these old legs.

3. This is the view along the lower part of the falls

4. This was shot on the far left edge of that rock formation in 1 and 2 with all the people on it.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Mighty Gullfoss
Asgard Administrator
29th Nov 2013
jtmcg Gold Member
30th Nov 2013
glxman Silver Member
29th Nov 2013
jtmcg Gold Member
30th Nov 2013
KStiles
02nd Dec 2013
KStiles
02nd Dec 2013
jtmcg Gold Member
03rd Dec 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 29-Nov-13 08:55 PM
50004 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Mighty Gullfoss"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Very nice series

Well done.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sat 30-Nov-13 01:05 PM
3490 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Mighty Gullfoss"
In response to Reply # 1

Simsbury, US

Thanks Gerold.

John

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Fri 29-Nov-13 09:43 PM
2925 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Mighty Gullfoss"
In response to Reply # 0

South Australia, AU

Nice work John
I see it is a very popular location, and I guess cold!
....Gary

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Sat 30-Nov-13 01:11 PM
#4. "RE: Mighty Gullfoss"
In response to Reply # 2

Simsbury, US

Thanks Gary.

It is a popular location. It's on the "Golden Circle" of attractions that is the subject of many tours out of Reykjavik.

I was there the first week in August so it wasn't cold when I was there. Temperature was generally in the 50's F. Not exactly what one thinks of for August in the northern hemisphere where I live but easy enough to dress for and be comfortable.

John

KStiles Registered since 08th Oct 2013Mon 02-Dec-13 10:05 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Mighty Gullfoss"
In response to Reply # 0

DFW Metroplex, US

Great series, one day, I too will visit Iceland.

KStiles Registered since 08th Oct 2013Mon 02-Dec-13 10:05 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Mighty Gullfoss"
In response to Reply # 0

DFW Metroplex, US

Great series. One day, I too will visit Iceland.

jtmcg Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007Tue 03-Dec-13 03:14 PM
#7. "RE: Mighty Gullfoss"
In response to Reply # 6

Simsbury, US

Thanks Katherine.

Iceland is a wonderful place to do landscape photography.

John

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #78360 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.