nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #78295
View in linear mode

Subject: "Seattle cityscape" Previous topic | Next topic
labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Wed 27-Nov-13 02:27 AM
503 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Seattle cityscape"
Wed 27-Nov-13 01:53 PM by labtrout

Bristol, US

I know, it's a bit of a cliched image, but it was my first trip to Seattle and I really like taking photos of urban skylines. Taken from the space needle looking downtown.

Your comments are welcome.

Nikon D7000
16-85mm VR lens
ISO 400
1/90th
f16

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Seattle cityscape
robwig Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Nov 2013
labtrout Silver Member
27th Nov 2013
Ineluki Gold Member
27th Nov 2013
labtrout Silver Member
27th Nov 2013
Daymon55
27th Nov 2013
labtrout Silver Member
27th Nov 2013
tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Nov 2013
labtrout Silver Member
27th Nov 2013
professorune
27th Nov 2013
labtrout Silver Member
27th Nov 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
27th Nov 2013
labtrout Silver Member
03rd Dec 2013
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Dec 2013
labtrout Silver Member
03rd Dec 2013
danshep Silver Member
02nd Dec 2013
labtrout Silver Member
03rd Dec 2013
pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
03rd Dec 2013
labtrout Silver Member
03rd Dec 2013

robwig Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2007Wed 27-Nov-13 03:14 AM
159 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

Nice shot of the city. I live south of downtown Seattle, so it is nice to see it from the north.

Bob

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Wed 27-Nov-13 10:56 AM
503 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 1

Bristol, US

Thanks, Bob. You live in a beautiful area. We spent a day at Rainier National Park too, but the summit was in the clouds most of the time.

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011Wed 27-Nov-13 11:35 AM
3345 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Nürnberg, DE

View from spaceneedle. I love it. Puget sound is amazing. And you show a great picture.
I have a picture from 1989 of Seattle skyline.

www.allmondo.com

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Wed 27-Nov-13 01:52 PM
#7. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 27-Nov-13 02:00 PM by labtrout

Bristol, US

Thank you, Egbert. It was a beautiful day in a beautiful city.

Daymon55 Registered since 10th Oct 2013Wed 27-Nov-13 11:45 AM
151 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Godalming, UK

Great shot, fantastic cloud cover

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Wed 27-Nov-13 02:01 PM
#8. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 4

Bristol, US

Thank you, Daymon. You're right, the clouds make the difference.

tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Wed 27-Nov-13 12:21 PM
1911 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Nice image. I love the clouds.

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Wed 27-Nov-13 02:02 PM
#9. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 5

Bristol, US

Much appreciated, Tom.

professorune Registered since 08th Jun 2013Wed 27-Nov-13 01:08 PM
558 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

HK

Clouds really make the photo; drawing the viewer towards the right. Only detraction are three tower cranes. Also one in middle, but this blends into the background due to its colour.

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Wed 27-Nov-13 02:04 PM
#10. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 6

Bristol, US

Right, Kam. It seems there are always construction cranes in urban landscapes. Thanks for your comments.

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Wed 27-Nov-13 09:55 PM
4469 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Nice job

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Tue 03-Dec-13 08:03 PM
#17. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 11

Bristol, US

Thanks, Larry.

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 02-Dec-13 03:04 PM
4832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Nice image.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Tue 03-Dec-13 08:04 PM
#18. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 12

Bristol, US

Thanks, JD.

danshep Silver Member Charter MemberMon 02-Dec-13 11:24 PM
1362 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Olympia, US

And it never rains here, Fred.

"Today is the tomorrow that yesterday you spent money like there was no."

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Tue 03-Dec-13 08:00 PM
#15. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 13

Bristol, US

LOL.

I saw a T-shirt that read "Seattle Rain Festival, January 1 to December 31. This was one of two sunny days we had during the week.

pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007Tue 03-Dec-13 04:10 PM
752 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 0

Dublin, CA, US

Great photo of a great community. Composition, exposure, lighting - it all works.

While in Seattle, did you have the opportunity to visit the Boeing museum?

Mp

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Tue 03-Dec-13 08:02 PM
#16. "RE: Seattle cityscape"
In response to Reply # 14

Bristol, US

Thank you, Marian. We did not make it to the Boeing Museum... wish we had. But we saw an awful lot of Seattle and Vancouver over nine days.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #78295 Previous topic | Next topic