Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #78284
View in linear mode

Subject: "Antwerp" Previous topic | Next topic
DPAUL Registered since 09th Aug 2013Tue 26-Nov-13 03:26 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Antwerp"
Tue 26-Nov-13 03:29 PM by DPAUL

Antwerp, BE

View from the balcony of the Nautical College.

PS: this is the most complicated website ever to post things.

Paul
Nikon D800e - A.Fiap

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Antwerp
Asgard Administrator
26th Nov 2013
MasterDabber Silver Member
27th Nov 2013
DPAUL
28th Nov 2013
MasterDabber Silver Member
28th Nov 2013
DPAUL
28th Nov 2013
Ineluki Gold Member
28th Nov 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
02nd Dec 2013
Martin Gonn Gold Member
04th Dec 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 26-Nov-13 09:50 PM
51237 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Antwerp"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Very nice shot

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Wed 27-Nov-13 10:58 AM
3257 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Antwerp"
In response to Reply # 1

Camberley, GB

This conveys the atmosphere of a wintery (and cold?) day very effectively. Did you do any (selected?) desaturation in PP or is it "as is"?

Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

DPAUL Registered since 09th Aug 2013Thu 28-Nov-13 05:31 AM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Antwerp"
In response to Reply # 2

Antwerp, BE

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "as is".
But after opening in LR, I ran the picture through a receipe in Nik software's color efex. Hope this answers your question.
Paul

Paul
Nikon D800e - A.Fiap

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Thu 28-Nov-13 06:34 AM
3257 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Antwerp"
In response to Reply # 3

Camberley, GB

Paul. What I meant is.... did you adjust the saturation or did you leave it alone?
Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

DPAUL Registered since 09th Aug 2013Thu 28-Nov-13 09:13 AM
#5. "RE: Antwerp"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu 28-Nov-13 09:15 AM by DPAUL

Antwerp, BE

Hi,

The only thing in LR was to increase the exposure.
Did not touch saturation. The effect is entirely achieved using Nik
software. (Nik receipe)

It is not always clear what exactly goes on in a given receipe, except that you can tweak some of the parameters. It's a bit like driving a car and not knowing how the engine works. But you get where you want to be

Paul
Nikon D800e - A.Fiap

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011Thu 28-Nov-13 09:17 AM
2930 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Antwerp"
In response to Reply # 0

Nürnberg, DE

A very cool cityscape. Like the toning.

Egbert

www.allmondo.com

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 02-Dec-13 02:11 PM
4587 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Antwerp"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

I like your image....

Yes, I agree that posting can be challenging, especially if you post from your gallery.

It is a little easier if, as I recommend, you post within the Forum using an image sized at 1200 pixel on longest side as maximum and no larger then 300 megapixel in overall file size. That way, everyone sees your image larger.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Martin Gonn Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Jun 2013Wed 04-Dec-13 03:38 AM
269 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Antwerp"
In response to Reply # 0

Portland, US

A beautiful composition, I especially like the way the boat injects a counterpoint to the flow. The toning, too, is very attractive. I only wish there were a bit more foreground.

Martin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #78284 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.