nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #77931
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rusts" Previous topic | Next topic
rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Thu 07-Nov-13 06:28 PM
4559 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Rusts"

Rocky Hill, US

Most of the bright colors are gone now with the rusty colors now dominate here in Ct. The 1st two are the Farmington River in Peoples State Forest on an overcast day and the last is in Rocky Neck State Park on a mostly sunny day approaching noon time.

D7100,28-70mmF2.8D@38mm,F/11@1/3,ISO 100,manual,tripod,cable release

D7100,28-70mmF2.8D@70mm,F/11@1/10,ISO 100,manual,tripod,cable release

D300,12-24mmTokina@14mm,F11@1/15,ISO 100,manual,tripod,cable release

Rick

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Rusts
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
07th Nov 2013
rb4good Silver Member
09th Nov 2013
coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire”
08th Nov 2013
rb4good Silver Member
09th Nov 2013
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
08th Nov 2013
rb4good Silver Member
09th Nov 2013
spiritualized67 Silver Member
10th Nov 2013
rb4good Silver Member
11th Nov 2013
psf914
10th Nov 2013
rb4good Silver Member
11th Nov 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 07-Nov-13 07:47 PM
52498 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Nice series

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sat 09-Nov-13 06:02 PM
4559 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 1

Rocky Hill, US

Thanks Gerold

Rick

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 01st Dec 2011Fri 08-Nov-13 04:12 AM
3098 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

Great images... the first one is my favorite.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sat 09-Nov-13 06:04 PM
#5. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 2

Rocky Hill, US

Thanks Diane. I like that one as well but thought the colors might be too muted for most peoples taste.

Rick

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 08-Nov-13 04:54 PM
8918 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Nice set of images.

I've tried to shoot at Rocky Neck before. It's a tough place for good compositions without clouds in the sky. You did a nice job capturing the great color.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
2014 Workshops - Spring in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sat 09-Nov-13 06:06 PM
#6. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 3

Rocky Hill, US

Thanks Eric. Rocky Neck is one of my birding spots but all I shot this day,except for a yellowlegs, were scenics.

Rick

spiritualized67 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007Sun 10-Nov-13 04:39 PM
3178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 0

Western PA, US

Very nice Rick - especially #1, which has a certain quiet quality that I find appealing. The mirror reflection and tree curves really add too! Subtle images like this have their understated beauty, even given the past peak conditions. Sometimes I prefer past peak for the muted pallet and rustic warmth. Nicely done.

~Dan
www.danielstainer.com

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Mon 11-Nov-13 01:52 PM
#9. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 7

Rocky Hill, US

Thanks for your comments, Dan, they are greatly appreciated.

Rick

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 10-Nov-13 11:01 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 0

Traverse City, US

Nice series Rick

Looks like northern Michigan.

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Mon 11-Nov-13 01:53 PM
#10. "RE: Rusts"
In response to Reply # 8

Rocky Hill, US

Thanks very much, Peter.

Rick

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #77931 Previous topic | Next topic