nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Landscape (Public) topic #77579
View in linear mode

Subject: "A night at the Racetrack - Death Valley style" Previous topic | Next topic
skiroc Silver Member  Redlands, US  Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010 Mon 28-Oct-13 01:47 AM
160 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"A night at the Racetrack - Death Valley style"
Mon 28-Oct-13 01:51 AM by skiroc

getting set-up by a beautiful moon

The Grandstand - about 1 second of LED light painting on the foreground rock

Moving rock

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 19th Jun 2012 Mon 28-Oct-13 11:30 AM
657 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A night at the Racetrack - Death Valley style"
In response to Reply # 0

Great shots- almost look like another planet. Can you share what exposure you used for these?

excuse typos...via iPad....

dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape   Berwyn Heights, US  Nikonian since 31st Mar 2002 Mon 28-Oct-13 05:41 PM
14391 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A night at the Racetrack - Death Valley style"
In response to Reply # 0

All are very cool, but I absolutely love the texture and depth of the last one. Can you share your shooting info?

Dan L.
http://www.danlarussophotography.com/

skiroc Silver Member  Redlands, US  Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010 Mon 28-Oct-13 06:17 PM
160 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A night at the Racetrack - Death Valley style"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the comments, Death Valley is a really special place and feels especially quiet late at night.

Info for the last picture:
Nikon D800e with 14-24
14 mm, 8 seconds at 2.8
ISO 1600, WB 5000

mjt73106   US  Registered since 24th Mar 2013 Tue 29-Oct-13 02:14 AM
334 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: A night at the Racetrack - Death Valley style"
In response to Reply # 0

Great images, great idea to be there when it is 60 degrees cooler. Thanks for posting.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Landscape (Public) topic #77579 Previous topic | Next topic