Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #76900
View in linear mode

Subject: "Antelope Canyon" Previous topic | Next topic
csf1353 Registered since 10th Jul 2013Thu 03-Oct-13 03:21 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Antelope Canyon"

US

I plan on being at Antelope Canyon during my Tour of the Southwest on November 5th are there any guides or tours that you recommend. Also should I do the upper or lower or both and how crowded it could be in early November. Right now I am planning Antelope Canyon right after Monument Valley which I booked the Photo Guide Service and the Hunt's Mesa Photo Tour with Carlos from Keyah Hozhoni tours.

Thank You
Chris

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TTmaster Registered since 18th Jul 2009Thu 10-Oct-13 01:57 PM
257 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Antelope Canyon"
In response to Reply # 0

Tempe, US

You will need a guide to go to Upper Antelope Canyon. There are places in Page where you can find one. The last time I was at Lower Antelope there was a time limit that you could be in there. You just went to Lower and bought your ticket.

Upper Antelope has the famous photo of the light beam showing through, Lower is much more difficult in getting through since it is narrower and requires some minor climbing.

Do not plan on changing lens or bringing lots of gear

Wayne in Tempe

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

llevine Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Jul 2007Tue 15-Oct-13 09:38 PM
388 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Antelope Canyon"
In response to Reply # 0

El Paso, US

I was just at Lower Antelope Canyon, on October 9th, with fellow Nikonians on our Anpat 13. You do not need a guide for Lower. They give you about a 2 hour limit to get through the canyon. Cost, if you want to bring a tripod, is $36 per person. Less if you do not bring a tripod. It was not too crowded last week as I think many people stayed away as the parks were closed. Beautiful photo opportunity. Just underexpose to get best color.

Regards, Lance

http://lancerlevine.smugmug.com/

scottashley Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2002Thu 17-Oct-13 04:05 AM
468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Antelope Canyon"
In response to Reply # 0

Arvada, US

If you want to call me I can give you lots of info. I've been two both canyons twice, most recently April of this year. I can also e-mail you several pages of info.

Also check for other threads on this subject, as I gave quite a bit of info on one several months ago.

Scott Ashley
(303) 420-6274 (Colorado)

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004Thu 17-Oct-13 05:26 PM
5778 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Antelope Canyon"
In response to Reply # 0

Naperville, US

Take a filter. There are lots of unaware folks throwing sand into the air to highlight the shafts of light streaming into some of the "rooms". They don't seem to realize there are others with their lenses pointed up. A right angle finder is also nice if your tripod at it's stable position is low enough to make viewing difficult when you have the lens pointed up.

Best Regards,
Roger

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #76900 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.