Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #76783
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fireworks" Previous topic | Next topic
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Sun 29-Sep-13 06:47 AM
4934 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Fireworks"

CH

Hi!

The Wine Harvest Festival is the occasion to have a magnificent fireworks display. People who go down also have synchronized music, but in order to see everything, they've got to crane their neck horribly. And they're all deaf by now, the explosions were impressive

All taken with my D700 and 28-70/2.8, exif intact.

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Fireworks
DaddySS Gold Member
29th Sep 2013
Asgard Administrator
29th Sep 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator
29th Sep 2013
glxman Silver Member
29th Sep 2013
olivierrychner Gold Member
29th Sep 2013
mjt73106
30th Sep 2013
umdaman1 Gold Member
30th Sep 2013
olivierrychner Gold Member
30th Sep 2013

DaddySS Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2006Sun 29-Sep-13 09:27 AM
813 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Fireworks"
In response to Reply # 0

Woodcliff Lake, US

Nice captures Olivier, well done.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sun 29-Sep-13 11:58 AM
50743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Fireworks"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Very nice Series, Oliver

Well done.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Sun 29-Sep-13 12:12 PM
3713 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Fireworks"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Very well done.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Sun 29-Sep-13 02:07 PM
2970 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Fireworks"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 29-Sep-13 02:09 PM by glxman

South Australia, AU

Stunning images Olivier,
Your fireworks capture would have to be the best I've seen, thank you for sharing
And being so kind to share your exif
I would not have guessed the focal length and shutter speed
Did you use the church as a focus point?
Regards,
Gary

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Sun 29-Sep-13 02:47 PM
4934 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Fireworks"
In response to Reply # 4

CH

Thanks all for the encouragement!

>Stunning images Olivier,
>Your fireworks capture would have to be the best I've seen,

You're too kind, Gary - check Valentino, for example. Can't find them now, but his NYC firework images are among those I draw inspiration from

>thank you for sharing
>And being so kind to share your exif
>I would not have guessed the focal length and shutter speed
>Did you use the church as a focus point?

Yes, I did, and left the camera in manual focus and never touched the lens again. I could have failed, though: there's about the same distance between me and the bellfry as between the bellfry and the fireworks. But in that sort of distances (500 meters and again 500 meters), at f/9, I knew I was not taking too big a risk

And leaving the exif intact is good practice in a site dedicated to "learning and inspiring"...

Thanks for your kind words!

Olivier Rychner

mjt73106 Registered since 24th Mar 2013Mon 30-Sep-13 11:47 AM
303 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Fireworks"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Great images, thanks for posting.

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Mon 30-Sep-13 12:57 PM
1945 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Fireworks"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 30-Sep-13 12:57 PM by umdaman1

Lexington, US

Great series, Olivier. The church in the lower left gives the viewer a nice sense of scale.

Scottie

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Mon 30-Sep-13 03:49 PM
#8. "RE: Fireworks"
In response to Reply # 7

CH

>Great series, Olivier. The church in the lower left gives the
>viewer a nice sense of scale.

Thanks Scottie!

Yup - all the more so if you know it's about smack in the middle of the distance between me and the fireworks, which is about one kilometer, and about 50 meters above the surface of the lake where the fireworks are shot, from boats... One year, I'd like to shoot those fireworks from either one of the towers of the church or from the older tower to the right. But I'd need one of my wider lenses then, 70 won't do it

Olivier Rychner

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #76783 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.