Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #75053
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cambodia, country of Temples" Previous topic | Next topic
Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberThu 11-Jul-13 11:40 PM
3400 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Cambodia, country of Temples"

Cocos (Keeling) Islands, AU

I've just returned with my daughter from an amazing 10 day excursion to Siem Reap, Cambodia. We both thoroughly enjoyed our time, meeting some beautiful local people who will always remain in our hearts.

The temples were the highlight, although I reckon by the end we were both "templed out". The countryside was so green with rice paddys. The people are so poor, yet they welcome you with beautiful smiles.

Here are just a sample of some of the more memorable sights.

Bayong Temple

Ta Prohm and her famous trees

Sunrise over Angkor Wat

Ta Prohm

Phnom Kulen waterfall

The view from Phnom Kulen

Best Fishes ~ Karen <*((---{

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

Karens Cocos Reflections gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Cambodia, country of Temples
DAJolley Silver Member
11th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
12th Jul 2013
DaddySS Gold Member
12th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
12th Jul 2013
esantos Moderator
12th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
12th Jul 2013
glo Silver Member
12th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
12th Jul 2013
Asgard Administrator
12th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
14th Jul 2013
Bk777
13th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
14th Jul 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator
14th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
14th Jul 2013
olivierrychner Gold Member
14th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
14th Jul 2013
Melman59 Silver Member
15th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
15th Jul 2013
Izzie Gold Member
15th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
24th Jul 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
15th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
24th Jul 2013
Marsel Gold Member
24th Jul 2013
Marjani Moderator
24th Jul 2013

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Thu 11-Jul-13 11:54 PM
1189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Beautiful images. I am so used to seeing your beautiful blue ocean shots, these took me back. Did you have any technical problems with humidity?
Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberFri 12-Jul-13 12:24 AM
3400 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 1

LOL!! Thank you Dave Yes, so very different from my island paradise. Another kind of paradise though.

Apart from the morning fog of lens coming out of aircon to the humidity, no. Camera functioned well.

Cheers

Waving the flag for Nikonians on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and learning every day.

DaddySS Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2006Fri 12-Jul-13 12:29 AM
822 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

Woodcliff Lake, US

Terrific images Karen, well done!

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberFri 12-Jul-13 09:09 PM
#6. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 3

Thank you Richard

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Fri 12-Jul-13 04:52 PM
11666 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

Beautiful shots Karen. Of course, the sunrise shot of Angkor Wat is my favorite. My my, I knew you were an expert at beach scenes and tropical fish, but you sure display here some great skill at travel photography as well!

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberFri 12-Jul-13 09:14 PM
#7. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 4

Hi Ernesto

Thank you so much for such a wonderful compliment I always admire and aspire to your beautiful work, so your comment really means a lot to me.

Angkor Wat is very, very impressive being the largest of the temples. Sunrise is bedlam with hundreds and hundreds of people all "fighting" for the ultimate position to get that shot! Actually all the local temples are difficult to photograph without people in them. Thank goodness for photoshop LOL.

Ta Prohm and Beng Mealea were two of our favourites; both used in movies. There is something very spiritual about them though that I didn't find with Angkor Wat. That was just overwhelming with its sheer size.

glo Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2005Fri 12-Jul-13 06:22 PM
924 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

Montgomery, US

Karen:

Simply Beautiful!!!

I was able to visit the temples of Siem Reap in August 2009. What an experience. I had visited Ayutthaya in Thailand several years ago and later began to read about Angkor Wat and thinking I would never have the opportunity to visit there. Then my son moved to Singapore and while visiting him we were able to take a trip to Siem Reap.

I just wish my photos were as lovely as yours.

Grady
MY GALLERY

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberFri 12-Jul-13 09:16 PM
#8. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 5

Hi Grady, thanks so much for you comment. I appreciate you looking

Memories are captured in photographs and you'll always have those

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 12-Jul-13 10:47 PM
51178 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Beautiful images, Karen

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSun 14-Jul-13 09:22 PM
#13. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 9

Thanks Gerold

Bk777 Registered since 10th Feb 2012Sat 13-Jul-13 09:32 AM
161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

MY

Beautiful images especially no 3 and no 5. Thanks for sharing.

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSun 14-Jul-13 09:23 PM
#14. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 10

Thank you. Cambodia is a really beautiful country. Looking forward to returning

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Sun 14-Jul-13 09:03 PM
3917 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Exceptional shots Karen.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSun 14-Jul-13 09:23 PM
#15. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 11

Thank you Larry

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Sun 14-Jul-13 09:07 PM
4949 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

Hi Karen!

What a set! I have to add my vote for the sunrise over Angkor Wat, but the one from Ta Prohm is splenid too, and so is the waterfall - I like how you included people in there even though they'd be mere ghosts in the end!

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberSun 14-Jul-13 09:25 PM
#16. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 12

Thanks so much, Olivier Angkor Wat is very spectacular. I think March & November are the best times for sunrise as the sun is directly over the central tower. However I was more than happy with the result

I used the Lee Big Stop for the waterfall So many locals there enjoying a picnic lunch!

Melman59 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Mon 15-Jul-13 01:42 AM
254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

Monroe, US

Karen,
I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your images. The sunrise is probably my favorite, but the waterfalls and temple shots with the roots growing around them were amazing shots too. Photography has made travel so much more enjoyable for me. The pictures you bring back are the best souvenirs you can possibly have. If you are anything like me, I bet you are ready to go back.
Tom

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberMon 15-Jul-13 06:32 AM
#18. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 17

Hiya Tom, greetings!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment I totally agree that photos are the best souvenirs - wonderful memories of that moment that will never be taken again. Both my daughter and I found it hard to leave Cambodia. We are already planning our next visit - this time to see our newly sponsored family

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Mon 15-Jul-13 10:45 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

Chesterfield, US

Karen -- spectacular series. I love all of them especially 1, 2 and 4.

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberWed 24-Jul-13 08:16 PM
#22. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 19

Thanks so much Izzie for dropping in and commenting. Greatly appreciated.

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 15-Jul-13 12:56 PM
4585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Thanks for sharing your images. Fascinating and nicely captured images of a very different world.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberWed 24-Jul-13 08:17 PM
#23. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 20

Thanks John. Cambodia is certainly different from Australia and of course, Cocos

Marsel Gold Member Awarded for his masterful accomplishments in Nature Photography Awarded for his excellent white papers and product reviews for the Resources Charter MemberWed 24-Jul-13 01:33 PM
4969 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 0

Amsterdam, NL

Great series - #1, 3 and 4 are my favorites.

I should go there someday.

Marsel van Oosten | Squiver Photo Tours

2013/2014 Tours & Workshops: Alaska | Iceland | Japan | Namibia | Spain | South Africa | Turkey | Zambia

Marjani Moderator expert in ocean scapes and underwater photography Charter MemberWed 24-Jul-13 08:18 PM
#24. "RE: Cambodia, country of Temples"
In response to Reply # 21

Thanks Marcel for your comment. I certainly would encourage people visiting Cambodia. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, however worthwhile the travel and meeting the beautiful people.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #75053 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.