Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #74600
View in linear mode

Subject: "Early morning sunrise - Vegas." Previous topic | Next topic
s2sailorlis_nikon Registered since 19th Jun 2012Thu 13-Jun-13 12:40 AM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Early morning sunrise - Vegas."

US

In Vegas for a conference...shot thru hotel window on D50, a beat up Nikkor 28-70 3.5. Morning color was nice, not great composition, but nice sky color - shot RAW with minor View NX adjustments...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

excuse typos...via iPad....

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 13-Jun-13 07:47 PM
51404 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Early morning sunrise - Vegas."
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Your are right, nice sky color

Some more adjustments would be good, I think.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

s2sailorlis_nikon Registered since 19th Jun 2012Fri 14-Jun-13 11:27 AM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Early morning sunrise - Vegas."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Gerold, I am on a business trip now with no access to tools other than view nx. will play with it some more when i get home and post some more shots.

s2sailorlis_nikon Registered since 19th Jun 2012Fri 14-Jun-13 02:07 PM
#3. "RE: Early morning sunrise - Vegas."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Some initial adjustments now that i am home.

i kept the motel sign in lower left - as it seems interesting...but maybe nit...perhaps sky a bit blown out.

D50, 28-70 3.5, f/4.2, 1/6th iso 200.

Mike Walters Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2012Fri 14-Jun-13 03:26 PM
48 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Early morning sunrise - Vegas."
In response to Reply # 3

GB

I think you need to balance the foreground with the sky...need a bit more foreground interest....maybe a crop to make th motel sign more prominent?

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #74600 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.