Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #74545
View in linear mode

Subject: "Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......." Previous topic | Next topic
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 10-Jun-13 01:45 PM
6526 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."

US

My lovely bride book a few days at a cabin in Ellijay Georgia. This falls was right in our backyard. This was taken during the last light of the day.

Camera Maker: NIKON
Camera Model: NIKON D800
Lens: 24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2013-02-16 07:27:44
Focal Length: 27mm
Aperture: f/11.0
3 stop ND Filter
Exposure Time: 6.000 s
ISO equiv: 50
Exposure Bias: -0.33 EV
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Copyright: Copyright © Scotts Fine Art 2013 All rights reserved

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia.......
Asgard Administrator
10th Jun 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
10th Jun 2013
Mike Walters Silver Member
10th Jun 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
10th Jun 2013
buddyro48 Silver Member
10th Jun 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
10th Jun 2013
ericbowles Moderator
11th Jun 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
11th Jun 2013
lpicker Silver Member
11th Jun 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
12th Jun 2013
lpicker Silver Member
12th Jun 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
13th Jun 2013
umdaman1 Gold Member
13th Jun 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
13th Jun 2013
umdaman1 Gold Member
13th Jun 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
13th Jun 2013
russg Silver Member
13th Jun 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
27th Jun 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 10-Jun-13 06:20 PM
50880 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Very nice image

Something for the wall.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 10-Jun-13 11:33 PM
6526 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Gerold for your comment!

Mike Walters Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Dec 2012Mon 10-Jun-13 08:09 PM
48 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 0

GB

Beautiful shot!!!!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 10-Jun-13 11:34 PM
#5. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thank you Mike.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

buddyro48 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2009Mon 10-Jun-13 11:04 PM
238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 0

Santa Maria, US

Very nice image Scott...Beautiful

Great Job,
Michael

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Mon 10-Jun-13 11:34 PM
#6. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 3

US

Thank you Michael for your kind words.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 11-Jun-13 10:38 AM
8594 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Very nice, Scott. It looks like a nice place to visit again. I can imagine spending time in the evening or morning photographing these small falls with a glass of wine or cup of coffee.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Tue 11-Jun-13 12:19 PM
#8. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 7

US

Thanks Eric,

This place was almost magical. This setting was no more then 200' from the back of the cabin, quite loud actually. I spent time shooting in this small stream for two days. My feet were wet more then they were dry. We have already talked about going again. Thanks for all your help! I have some shots from the Smokies I will post soon also. It was a great trip.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

lpicker Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jan 2009Tue 11-Jun-13 12:32 PM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 0

Havre de Grace, US

Nice job, Scott.

I like the way the water is rendered, not too soft. I really like the focus on the water/mossy rock and the fact that you did not bring up the shadows in the forest too much. You also have the added bonus of that streak of water coming from the upper falls and flowing into the lower one. That curving flow really adds the finishing touch to a really nice image.

Congrats!

Les

Nikonians Academy Instructor

Please visit my blog site.

Please visit my image web site.

Winner 2011 Canada Northern Lights Award

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 12-Jun-13 01:52 PM
#10. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 9

US

Hi Les, thank you so much for your kind words. I very much enjoyed reading your description, you touched on everything I enjoyed about the image as well.

I paid a visit to your site, very impressive! I am just now starting to travel down the road you are on and found your work and site inspiring.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

lpicker Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jan 2009Wed 12-Jun-13 02:23 PM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 10

Havre de Grace, US

So glad to hear you are on a path you will love. Please keep me posted. Best of luck.

Les

Nikonians Academy Instructor

Please visit my blog site.

Please visit my image web site.

Winner 2011 Canada Northern Lights Award

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 13-Jun-13 04:22 AM
#12. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 11

US

Thank you Les, that was very thoughtful of you.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 13-Jun-13 12:03 PM
1948 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 0

Lexington, US

Now that's what I call a water feature. How lucky to have this right in the back yard. This is a beautiful shot. One minor, and I mean minor, nit. I would like to see the rest of the rock that's cut off by the right edge of the frame. I told you it was minor. Ignore me if you like. Nicely done.

Scottie

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 13-Jun-13 01:50 PM
#14. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 13

US

Thanks Scottie for your comments as always. I thought that about the rock the first time I viewed the image as well. I need to get a wider lens, the image is uncropped. The locations I was standing in was fixed, I was in the water. Swinging the camera to the right looses the the foreground anchor on the left. The best I can guess is I would have needed 18-20mm to include the whole rock and not make it look cramped. A wide fx lens is a tough and pricey choice these days. I would like the 12-24 2.8 but it is out of budget. 16-35 may be where I wind up.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 13-Jun-13 03:20 PM
1948 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 14

Lexington, US

I totally understand, Scott. Like I said just ignore me. It's a beautiful shot that really needs nothing.

Scottie

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Thu 13-Jun-13 03:32 PM
#16. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 15

US

I would never ignore you or anyone else for that matter! Your nit is valid. I'm glad you brought that up it just confirms my own thoughts.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 13-Jun-13 10:15 PM
1280 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 14

Phoenix, US

Nice image Scott. I use the 16-35 f4 VR as my ultrawide for my D800E. I've been very happy with it.

Russ

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Thu 27-Jun-13 04:01 PM
4539 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: Small falls in Ellijay Georgia......."
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Beautiful

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #74545 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.