nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

powerhouse fire

jgould2

Fort Pierce, US
4460 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 13th Oct 2007
Mon 03-Jun-13 06:49 PM

Hi all.

Wanted to share a couple of shots of the Powerhouse fire 6/1/13. I was staying in my camper at a friend's place close to Lancaster, CA. We were keeping an eye on this big fire which started out about 10 miles away on Thursday but moved to within less than a mile by early Sunday morning. We were forced to evacuate on Sunday and my friend's (lets call him Greg since that is his name) house burned to the ground as well as most of the others in that canyon. We had to get a number of vehicles down the mountain then go back up to get more.

I have never been this close to a major forest fire so any advice about shooting fires would be welcomed. I didn't have time to shoot any pictures when the flames came over the ridge and started down the canyon.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Shot with the Sigma 50-500 at 500mm on Nikon D3s. f/6.3-1/160sec-iso 200-auto white balance.

As always, any advice, comments or criticism very welcome.

JIM

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: powerhouse fire