Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #7377
View in linear mode

Subject: "Yet another tree pic..." Previous topic | Next topic
zeButcher Registered since 14th Dec 2005Wed 16-Jan-08 01:32 PM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"Yet another tree pic..."

Fredericksburg, US

Last pic for the day. I took this Chrismas day. It was a strange day in Annapolis, MD with a mix of fog, ice on the trees, and a bit of rain.

The detail on this tree stood out against the misty background. I could of gone in any direction with the toning, so interested if you think another hue would improve the mood.

Sadly the detail in tree is lost at this res. The link may provide better idea of what I saw, but even it looses much of the fozen ice detail on the tree:

http://www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showphoto.php?photo=40889&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

D70
Sigma 150

Tim
My Nikonians Gallery

"The EYES have IT"

Tim Lucente
Click HERE to see my online galleries.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nkcllewis Silver Member Charter MemberWed 01-Mar-06 04:01 PM
4869 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Yet another tree pic..."
In response to Reply # 0

Washington, US

Tim, this is nice. Kent

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

"A poor worker always blames his tools" Anonymous

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Wed 01-Mar-06 04:20 PM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Yet another tree pic..."
In response to Reply # 0

AW

Tim,

Nice picture. I was going to say, however, for posting here, you're giving up a lot of your 800 pixel image size to a white border.

""

zeButcher Registered since 14th Dec 2005Wed 01-Mar-06 04:38 PM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Yet another tree pic..."
In response to Reply # 2

Fredericksburg, US

>Tim,
>
>Nice picture. I was going to say, however, for posting
>here, you're giving up a lot of your 800 pixel image size to
>a white border.

David thanks for the feedback. Up until yesterday I included either a 50 pixel white border or no border at all. I've been fishing for feedback on the framing and matting action I created. I've applied it to most of my gallery pics, the larger size limits there I think let me get away with. I've been simply downsampling to 800pixels the same images for posting to forums, but perhaps I need to find another answer. I do like the finished look it imparts, but I'm a bit of a sharpness nut, and that is lost. I also wanted something a bit different than the 50 pixel border as I don't want to appear to copy Marsel and others who use it.

Thanks again!

Tim
My Nikonians Gallery

"The EYES have IT"

Tim Lucente
Click HERE to see my online galleries.

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Wed 01-Mar-06 07:23 PM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Yet another tree pic..."
In response to Reply # 3

AW

Tim,

>I also wanted something a bit different than the 50 pixel border as I don't want to appear to copy Marsel and others who use it.

I don't think that is an issue. The fifty pixel border just gives it more of a print border look with the 800 pixel limit.

""

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #7377 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.