nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #73637
View in linear mode

Subject: "Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Valentino Gold Member Awarded for high level skills in landscape and wildlife photography Nikonian since 04th Dec 2004Wed 01-May-13 01:43 PM
11613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"

US

Congratulations to Mark, aka, lastdaylight for his winning image Nothing But Time in the Digital Artistry contest. His winning image has been added to the Landscape Winners Gallery

Also, since this was a very close race, a photo finish so to speak, honorable mention goes to David, aka, DAJolley for this his excellent A Fine View

Nothing But Time

A Fine View

Albert J Valentino
Nikonian Moderator Emeritus

Vantage Point Images
Mastery of Composition is the Key to Great Photography

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!
DAJolley Silver Member
01st May 2013
lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
02nd May 2013
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
01st May 2013
lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
02nd May 2013
BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
02nd May 2013
russg Silver Member
02nd May 2013
skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd May 2013
newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd May 2013
02nd May 2013
Rassie Silver Member
02nd May 2013
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
03rd May 2013
Reply message Congratulations to Mark (lastdaylight) on being a winne...
2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
19th Mar 2014
Reply message RE: Congratulations to Mark (lastdaylight) on being a w...
Demonchld
20th Mar 2014
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Mar 2014

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Wed 01-May-13 04:24 PM
1246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Congratulations Mark! Thanks Albert.

Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Thu 02-May-13 02:14 AM
827 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Dallas, US

Thanks Dave. Your image is well conceived and perfectly executed. I greatly admire your work.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 01-May-13 07:01 PM
52430 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Congratulations, Mark

Great Image.

Also Davids image is very nicely done.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Thu 02-May-13 02:17 AM
827 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Dallas, US

Thanks, Gerold.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Thu 02-May-13 03:26 AM
2660 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Rolling Hills, US

Nice work, and congratulations to both of you!

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Thu 02-May-13 04:50 AM
1344 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Congratulations to both of you! I'm not surprised it was such a close race. Both are superb images.

Russ

skibreeze7 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the continuous sharing of his inspirational photographic abilities and for helping and encouraging members as they advance from beginner into advanced photography. Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Nov 2006Thu 02-May-13 05:09 AM
711 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Astoria, US

Great creative composite image, Mark. What impressed me the most was your attention to detail with the shadows. Congratulations!

Dave....yet another fine image worthy of mention.

Best wishes,
Darryl

newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Thu 02-May-13 01:32 PM
2006 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Neuville, near Quebec City, CA

Congrats Mark! Nice and unique work!

Good job David! Nice composition.

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Thu 02-May-13 04:46 PM
#9. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

Dallas, US

Thanks, guys, for all the kind words. I was just happy to be in the running with some of my photographic heroes.

Best,

Mark

Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Thu 02-May-13 06:02 PM
3041 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Milton, CA

Well done, Mark and Dave.
You guys inspire us!

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Fri 03-May-13 05:54 PM
13279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#11. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Both images were worthy of winning. Mark's image was especially fine in the use of post processing techniques to create a great dreamscape.

Congrats to you both.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 16th Oct 2003Wed 19-Mar-14 09:27 PM
888 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "Congratulations to Mark (lastdaylight) on being a winner in Best of Nikonians 2013 contest"
In response to Reply # 0

Anchorage, US

Well Done!

Mike in Alaska

Visit Fortymile Photo

Demonchld Registered since 19th Mar 2014Thu 20-Mar-14 12:52 AM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Congratulations to Mark (lastdaylight) on being a winner in Best of Nikonians 2013 contest"
In response to Reply # 12

US

Amazing Photo

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Thu 20-Mar-14 02:35 AM
13279 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#14. "RE: Congratulations to lastdaylight (and DAJolley)!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Mark I WAS GLAD TO SEE YOU WIN. I THOUGHT YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB IN PULLING TOGETHER YOUR IMAGE FROM A NUMBER OF SOURCES.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #73637 Previous topic | Next topic