Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #73545
View in linear mode

Subject: "Niagara Falls" Previous topic | Next topic
samrothstein Registered since 09th Mar 2013Mon 29-Apr-13 02:01 PM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Niagara Falls"

Chicago, US

Had a wonderful vacation in Niagara Falls two weeks ago. There were many wonderful photo opportunities, and this was my first trip using a DSLR. I'm quite new to the photography world, but here are some shots I'm happy with.

A view of the American Falls from the Oakes Garden Theater

The American Falls lit up at night

The rest of the trip can be viewed in my Flickr gallery here http://www.flickr.com/photos/60038894@N00/sets/72157633347135778/

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Niagara Falls
Asgard Administrator
30th Apr 2013
samrothstein
01st May 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
06th May 2013
samrothstein
07th May 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
08th May 2013

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Tue 30-Apr-13 10:42 PM
50004 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Niagara Falls"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Not bad for a first trip with a DSLR

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

samrothstein Registered since 09th Mar 2013Wed 01-May-13 01:46 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Niagara Falls"
In response to Reply # 1

Chicago, US

Thanks!

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 06-May-13 11:32 PM
4407 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Niagara Falls"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Nice start. I like these and see some nice work in your flicker page. There were some that had some vignetting from our lens hood (perhaps) on some images and some that need some straightening.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

samrothstein Registered since 09th Mar 2013Tue 07-May-13 08:07 PM
#4. "RE: Niagara Falls"
In response to Reply # 3

Chicago, US

>Nice start. I like these and see some nice work in your
>flicker page. There were some that had some vignetting from
>our lens hood (perhaps) on some images and some that need some
>straightening.

I was trying to play around with a polarizer and forgot to take off the UV filter. Rookie mistake :/

I've been playing around a little with straightening out some of the photos, but I'm limited with my PP skills. I've got the LR5 demo which seems nice, but have mostly been using Picasa due to it's simplicity. I've been playing around more and more with LR though, and I'm sure one day I'll make that purchase.

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 08-May-13 11:27 AM
4407 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Niagara Falls"
In response to Reply # 4

Milwaukee, US

You definitely will find Lightroom a great tool. It is a step by step process and it sounds like you are on the right track.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #73545 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.