nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Mitchell Rocks, Full Moon

Skattelite

Perth, AU
1228 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Skattelite Silver Member Nikonian since 17th May 2006
Sun 28-Apr-13 06:37 AM

I have just returned from a little excursion away, and managed to get some shooting time in amongst the other things we had on.
I was really hoping to shoot the Milky Way, but a Full Moon filled the sky for the duration of our stay, so I took the opportunity to experiment with that and the Landscape.
So, this was taken pre dawn, as the ambient light in the east played against the light from the full moon. I was attempting to marry the two lights in an attempt to see what effect I could get, and this is the result. You can see the glare from the moon on the water in the middle of the image.
I pushed and pulled it a bit in Lightroom, but not too much. Your thoughts welcome.
Scott
D3x, 17-35mm, f/5, 5 sec, 640 iso, 3 stop GND (left my trusty 2 stop at home and had to make do!)

Click on image to view larger version

My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Mitchell Rocks, Full Moon