Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #7330
View in linear mode

Subject: "1st post here" Previous topic | Next topic
zeButcher Registered since 14th Dec 2005Tue 28-Feb-06 01:08 PM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"1st post here"

Fredericksburg, US

I think it's my first post to this forum, hello all, and thanks for any advice/comments in advance.

I apologize for the link, but the image I would like to have you comment on has a frame/matting action applied that doesn't hold up well at 800 pix.

I mostly shoot macro/flowers and such, but just purchased a Sigma 10-20mm and want to do some landscape work. Really just learning to work this wide, so any advice welcome.

The frame/matting is an action I just developed in an attempt to simulate the sort of classic Museum blk/on white look. Not sure I achieved it, but any advice on that welcome as well.

The pic details:

D200
Sigma 10-20mm (@14mm)
1/25s @ f/22
Picture Project conversion to BW
Custom Pshop Sepia Curve
Little bit of diffuse glow filter

http://www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showphoto.php?photo=46462&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

Thanks,

Tim
My Nikonians Gallery

Tim
My Nikonians Gallery

"The EYES have IT"

Tim Lucente
Click HERE to see my online galleries.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MstrBones Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Dec 2005Tue 28-Feb-06 03:44 PM
8238 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 1st post here"
In response to Reply # 0

AW

Tim,

Great photo, wonderful composition. The sepia is not overdone, and I like that.

Regards,

""

zeButcher Registered since 14th Dec 2005Tue 28-Feb-06 07:27 PM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: 1st post here"
In response to Reply # 1

Fredericksburg, US

Thank you David!

Tim
My Nikonians Gallery

"The EYES have IT"

Tim Lucente

jasoninak Registered since 24th Jan 2006Tue 28-Feb-06 09:16 PM
453 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: 1st post here"
In response to Reply # 0

Dale City, US

Tim,

The diffuse glow works really well in that shot. I'm not usually a fan of that look, but it fits right in. Great job!

I definitely like the frame, and don't forget the macros, you have some very nice ones in there!

Jason in Virginia
Flickr

zeButcher Registered since 14th Dec 2005Wed 01-Mar-06 03:24 AM
#4. "RE: 1st post here"
In response to Reply # 3

Fredericksburg, US

Thanks Jason!

I don't use that filter much, but something about this image just begged for it. I hoped it wasn't overdone.

Tim
My Nikonians Gallery

"The EYES have IT"

Tim Lucente

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #7330 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.