Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #72920
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wyoming Winter Landscape" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Fri 29-Mar-13 07:02 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wyoming Winter Landscape"

Traverse City, US

While visiting an old Air Force buddy of mine in Wyoming a few weeks ago we were driving thru the Big Horn Mountains just after a storm and found this hillside leading into the clouds beyond. Just grabbed my eye with the fence bordering the pines and those storm clouds reaching above the top of the hill.

D800E Nikon 24-120 f4 iso 100 1/250th at f8 matrix metering

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011Fri 29-Mar-13 11:22 PM
3004 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wyoming Winter Landscape"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

That is lovely!

I would be tempted to try to "fix" the brown area on the center tree. It would not be easy but this is a great image, would be worth the effort.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Wed 03-Apr-13 10:46 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wyoming Winter Landscape"
In response to Reply # 1

Traverse City, US

Thanks Diane

I've looked at this shot in b&w which would resolve issues with the dead brown trees but I really prefer the color version with the contrast between the trees and sky and the light split rail fence. The brown would be easy to change with CS6 but it was part of the natural color scheme here and didn't seem to distract form the shot. Although I agree having a nice patch of healthy green trees would be preferable here. Appreciate your comments

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #72920 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.