Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #72872
View in linear mode

Subject: "Quiet day on the Blue Ridge Parkway" Previous topic | Next topic
Shakenbake Registered since 22nd Nov 2007Mon 25-Mar-13 11:48 PM
1068 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Quiet day on the Blue Ridge Parkway"

Brevard, US

View of Pisgah National forest from a closed section of the parkway. Peaceful when no one is around.

D700, 14-24

A Bike can save your life!
www.pixeljuicephotos.com

My Nikonians gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Quiet day on the Blue Ridge Parkway
mjhach Silver Member
26th Mar 2013
umdaman1 Gold Member
28th Mar 2013
mjhach Silver Member
28th Mar 2013
NatureDon Silver Member
28th Mar 2013
swampwizard
29th Mar 2013

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Tue 26-Mar-13 02:10 PM
489 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Quiet day on the Blue Ridge Parkway"
In response to Reply # 0

Simcoe, CA

Nice. How did you ever get onto a closed section of the highway (by bike) but you weren't trespassing (of course you weren't)?

umdaman1 Gold Member Awarded for his outstanding contributions in our Critique forum. His positive and helpful critiques give members a better understanding of the process of making great photographs. Nikonian since 11th Mar 2011Thu 28-Mar-13 10:38 AM
1907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Quiet day on the Blue Ridge Parkway"
In response to Reply # 1

Lexington, US

It certainly looks quiet. I'm sure the North Carolina section of the parkway is like the Virginia section in that it's never closed to foot traffic. Even when gated and snow covered you're free to walk as far as you like-at your own risk of course.

Scottie

mjhach Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Dec 2010Thu 28-Mar-13 02:15 PM
489 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Quiet day on the Blue Ridge Parkway"
In response to Reply # 2

Simcoe, CA

I sometimes wonder about things like that, especially when you see no trespassing signs that you will be prosecuted. I'm thinking that's just to keep rif-raf out so they don't commit petty crimes like stealing that which isn't theirs or persons bent on destroying property.

I'm going to venture into such an area soon but I see a driveway going to a residence from this area. I'll go to see if I can get permission, with camera in tow, so I can demonstrate my good intensions. Anybody else come across situations like that? The area that I'm referring to a an old car graveyard, mostly dealing with VW bugs that has great potential as photo ops.

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007Thu 28-Mar-13 11:46 PM
925 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Quiet day on the Blue Ridge Parkway"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Chris, great use of evergreen trees and shrubs to juice the foreground in this winter mountain scene. I like everything about this photo. Nice one!

Don

swampwizard Registered since 04th Nov 2012Fri 29-Mar-13 02:24 PM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Quiet day on the Blue Ridge Parkway"
In response to Reply # 4

Atlanta, US

Great Photo. I used to live in Celo, NC. years ago and just a short hike over a ridge to the parkway. Last I was there was in early April and very little traffic.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #72872 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.