nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Skies and patience

jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX
36014 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Sat 16-Feb-13 05:50 AM | edited Sun 17-Feb-13 09:52 AM by jrp

On the first shooting day of our trip, we arrived late at the Mezquite Dunes.
The light was going away fast, casting no shadows to allow for the capture of textures and making everything an ugly gray.
So I packed and turned back towards the parking area.

Raising my head I saw a faint sky, not very promising for a good sunset shot; I thought ..

Click on image to view larger version

Patience has never been one of my natural virtues, but somehow decided to wait, and the skies rewarded me by beginning to improve:

The skies, joking about my hopes for a gorgeous sunset began to darken fast:

But then, just when I was about to keep on walking back, the sky lit up and went "nuclear" before dying immediately after, leaving only darkness behind:

Patience pays. Most of the time.
Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Skies and patience mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
16th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Skies and patience jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
16th Feb 2013
     Reply message RE: Skies and patience mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
18th Feb 2013
          Reply message RE: Skies and patience jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources
24th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Skies and patience newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
16th Feb 2013
16th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Skies and patience esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian.
16th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Skies and patience pixures Silver Member
16th Feb 2013
16th Feb 2013
     Reply message RE: Skies and patience pixures Silver Member
18th Feb 2013
16th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: Skies and patience DaddySS Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
20th Feb 2013
25th Feb 2013

G