Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #72016
View in linear mode

Subject: "Too small for wildlife" Previous topic | Next topic
AartPapaya Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Oct 2011Mon 11-Feb-13 03:26 PM
1927 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Too small for wildlife"

Hectorspruit, ZA

We had sun-downers with a friend of mine on the banks of the Crocodile river. Earlier the evening there was a heard of elephants browsing on the apposite shore of the river where we were. They eventually disappeared behind the trees. Just as the sun started to set, one of the elephants returned and crossed the river. She walked towards us until there was only the security fence between us and elephant. The particular lady-elephant would often cross the river for a chat. I posted the original to the critique-forum and with their advice I corrected and posted it to this wider forum. I will still enjoy criticism and you may even dare to change the photo.

Aart

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Too small for wildlife
psf914
13th Feb 2013
Asgard Administrator
06th Mar 2013
labtrout Silver Member
07th Mar 2013
olivierrychner Gold Member
08th Mar 2013
treadwl Silver Member
10th Mar 2013
landism
10th Mar 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator
17th Mar 2013
Ineluki Gold Member
18th Mar 2013
glo Silver Member
20th Mar 2013

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Wed 13-Feb-13 01:29 AM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

Traverse City, US

Really beautiful shot Aart

I like everything about this... the light, color, composition. Classic example of wildlife and their environment. It would be nice to see more detail in the elephant which would be tough considering it's back lit from your position. But I think the Upoint technologies available today like Viveza or Capture NX might make it possible.

Also like the tremendous depth you get here with the plants in the foreground and those beautiful mountains in the back.

Peter

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Wed 06-Mar-13 06:27 PM
48540 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Great Shot

Well done. Like it.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

labtrout Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Thu 07-Mar-13 12:04 AM
371 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

Bristol, US

This is a wonderful shot: the sky, peaks, sunset, greenery, river and of course the elephant. Just so evocative. Well done.

olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005Fri 08-Mar-13 08:59 AM
4852 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

CH

Great environmental shot, keep it like it!

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

treadwl Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Sun 10-Mar-13 07:16 PM
1538 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

Sunrise, US

The elephant adds a nice touch.

Larry

landism Registered since 22nd Oct 2011Sun 10-Mar-13 10:59 PM
470 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

great shot!!

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Sun 17-Mar-13 09:17 PM
3039 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

I like it the way it is.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011Mon 18-Mar-13 12:03 PM
2442 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

Nürnberg, DE

A wonderful wildlife photo. It is pretty fine.

www.allmondo.com

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

glo Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2005Wed 20-Mar-13 04:42 PM
914 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Too small for wildlife"
In response to Reply # 0

Montgomery, US

Aart:

This photo of brings back pleasant memories. In March 2011 I spent a week at Ngwenya Lodge on the banks of Crocodile River.

BTW - I like it as is.

Grady
MY GALLERY

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #72016 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.