nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Landscape (Public) topic #71749
View in linear mode

Subject: "After the Storm" Previous topic | Next topic
rbsandor Gold Member  Denver, US  Nikonian since 29th Aug 2007 Thu 31-Jan-13 08:17 PM
1573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"After the Storm"
Fri 01-Feb-13 01:58 AM by rbsandor

Over the past weekend, the San Juan mountains in southern Colorado finally got some much needed snow. Here are some shots taken once the clouds started to break and then when the sky cleared. The first pic was taken with a D4 and 500 mm combo. The peak is about 20 miles away. The next two were taken with a D800 and 70-200 combo. Richard

Edit: I just added #4. It was taken one minute before #1 and at a slightly different position and a slightly different editing approach.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: After the Storm rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
31st Jan 2013
Reply message RE: After the Storm mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
01st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: After the Storm rbsandor Gold Member
01st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: After the Storm russg Silver Member
01st Feb 2013
Reply message RE: After the Storm psf914
04th Feb 2013
Reply message RE: After the Storm newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
04th Feb 2013

rb4good Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Rocky Hill, US  Nikonian since 22nd May 2006 Thu 31-Jan-13 08:50 PM
4788 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: After the Storm"
In response to Reply # 0

All excellent,Richard. #3(to me)stands out over the others for its great composition.

Rick

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography   Lakeville, US  Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006 Fri 01-Feb-13 12:58 AM
4575 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: After the Storm"
In response to Reply # 0

Beautiful winter scenes. I like #3 the best. That is such beautiful country.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

rbsandor Gold Member  Denver, US  Nikonian since 29th Aug 2007 Fri 01-Feb-13 01:09 AM
1573 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: After the Storm"
In response to Reply # 0

Rick and Larry: thanks for looking and commenting. It's very much appreciated. Think I might like to take more landscapes Richard

russg Silver Member  Phoenix, US  Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007 Fri 01-Feb-13 02:31 AM
1381 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: After the Storm"
In response to Reply # 0

Really nice. #3 would be my fav.

Russ

psf914   Traverse City, US  Registered since 11th Oct 2007 Mon 04-Feb-13 03:29 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: After the Storm"
In response to Reply # 0

Very nice series Richard

I love days like these...cold crisp air, fresh snow and sunshine. I'd have to say 3 is my favorit... I like the added dimension of the split rail fence and the depth it adds along with the trees in the foreground.

Peter

newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Neuville, near Quebec City, CA  Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006 Mon 04-Feb-13 05:39 PM
2010 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: After the Storm"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 04-Feb-13 05:40 PM by newbird

Impressive scene, superb photos!

The light is very well mastered in the last three, i.e. snow is truly white without being burned! Great work.

The third one would make a superb Christmas card. It is my favorite one.

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION Landscape (Public) topic #71749 Previous topic | Next topic