nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #71660
View in linear mode

Subject: "There are places I'll remember" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 29-Jan-13 12:11 AM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"There are places I'll remember"
Tue 29-Jan-13 12:20 AM by psf914

Traverse City, US

To borrow words from one of my favorite Beatles songs to describe one of my favorite places in the United States. Shot this Sunday morning on a remote levy road near Orem, Utah as the sun poked thru some storm clouds to touch the Rockies to the east. I hadn't seen this section of Utah Lake until this weekend just following my nose and GPS. There was a light layer of mist covering the ground in the distance and some of the mountains but it was clear where I was standing to take this shot. Spent some time afterwards just admiring the changing light across the mountain range. I will always remember the landscape here...some of the most beautiful country the U.S. has to offer.

Nikon D800E Nikon 24-120 f4 ISO 100 1/60 at f11 +1.0EV comp This was meant to be one of a series of bracketed shots for an HDR photo but I didn't care for the results I got so I worked with this single shot instead. You can see foot prints of some brave soul who walked on the thin ice for some reason.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Tue 29-Jan-13 01:01 AM
3041 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: There are places I'll remember"
In response to Reply # 0

Milton, CA

Beautiful. This looks like a place to go just to experience nature, far from the maddening crowds. I can hear the silence......

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 29-Jan-13 11:24 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: There are places I'll remember"
In response to Reply # 1

Traverse City, US

Thanks Koos

This is a place to just chill and listen to the wind blowing across the lake. I've been on back roads in this part of the country where I haven't seen another person for most of the day. It's wonderful.

cheers
Peter

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007Thu 07-Feb-13 12:55 AM
1035 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: There are places I'll remember"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Love it! Great photo. Would be nice on the wall.

Keep sending them...a great area you are in this winter. You are doing a nice job capturing and presenting it!

Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 07-Feb-13 01:16 AM
#4. "RE: There are places I'll remember"
In response to Reply # 3

Traverse City, US

Thanks Don

I was fortunate to be assigned here on this project with lots of time on the weekends to explore the region with the Nikon. One of the most scenic spots in this country. Appreciate the input.

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #71660 Previous topic | Next topic