Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #71506
View in linear mode

Subject: "Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Mon 21-Jan-13 11:34 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
Mon 21-Jan-13 11:34 PM by psf914

Traverse City, US

The Tibble Fork Reservoir is a very popular spot for anyone who enjoys outdoor activities no matter what the weather or season. The first shot here is a group of hikers and their pooch making their way along the reservoir into the miles of trails that lead into the Wasatch Range. The second is looking across the snowdrifts to Mt. Timpanogos. The road leading here is part of the Alpine Loop, a very popular 17 mile drive during the color season. This time of year though the road ends at the reservoir but you can continue on foot, skies, snowmobile or snowshoes as far as you'd like into the surrounding mountain range.

D800E Nikon 24-120 f4

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir
MasterDabber Silver Member
22nd Jan 2013
psf914
24th Jan 2013
coolmom42 Silver Member
23rd Jan 2013
psf914
24th Jan 2013
jrp Administrator
27th Jan 2013
psf914
27th Jan 2013
NatureDon Silver Member
27th Jan 2013
psf914
27th Jan 2013
newbird Silver Member
27th Jan 2013
psf914
27th Jan 2013

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Tue 22-Jan-13 02:35 PM
3270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 0

Camberley, GB

Two nice images peter, and good to be able to guage the relative size of things.
#2 looks quite familiar, have you posted something near to there before?

Lovely snow textures.
Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 24-Jan-13 12:36 AM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 1

Traverse City, US

Hi Derek

This is from the other end of the parking lot and lower level than a photo I posted a couple weeks ago. The other posting showed both the reservoir and Mt. Timpanogos. We've had quite a Winter here with lots of snow so I went back to see how the view was after a heavy snowstorm. You can see people in the second shot on the bottom left. There's a steep slope there that kids use to sled down.

Peter

coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” Nikonian since 30th Nov 2011Wed 23-Jan-13 12:10 AM
3088 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 0

McEwen, US

Both are very nice. I will say the human element in the first one makes it my favorite.

working on it in Middle TN
Nikon D3100

35 mm 1.8 Nikkor
18-55 mm Nikkor VR
55-200 mm Nikkor VR
55-300 mm Nikkor VR
150-500 mm Sigma OS
Feisol CT3471 & Markins M20 ballhead

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 24-Jan-13 12:39 AM
#4. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 2

Traverse City, US

Thanks Diane

The mountains around here are pretty impressive. I spent 2 years in California driving around the Sierra Nevada but the Rockies are even more spectacular.

Peter

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSun 27-Jan-13 05:08 PM
34791 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 4

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Utah is full of great locations and you captured these very well.
Congratulations.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 27-Jan-13 11:18 PM
#8. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 6

Traverse City, US

Thanks JRP

No argument from me about Utah...one of the most scenic places I've had the good fortune to see in detail. Every direction has an incredible view. The state has done a great job in keeping them accessible to the public and those of us who like to document the landscape. I've really enjoyed my time here.

cheers
Peter

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007Sun 27-Jan-13 11:59 AM
968 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Love both of these. I think the foreground snow detail in the second really complements the rest of the photo...great balance.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 27-Jan-13 11:21 PM
#9. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 5

Traverse City, US

Thanks Don

They've had the coldest, snowiest winter in nearly a decade in this region so lots of good winter scenery to photograph. The skies break open every once in a while and the light here is just incredible during the winter. This is on the top of my list of favorite places I've lived.

Peter

newbird Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Sun 27-Jan-13 07:06 PM
2003 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 0

Neuville, near Quebec City, CA

Hi Peter,

The second one is fantastic! The composition is perfect as the position of the valley (where the two mountains meet) and the main topic of this photo (the mountain) bring our eye into the same direction. This creates depth in the photo.

The color of the snow, the details in the trees and in the mountain are just right. The clouds add more impact (a totally blue sky would have almost ruined the photo).

Great photo!

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 27-Jan-13 11:25 PM
#10. "RE: Two Views of Tibble Fork Reservoir"
In response to Reply # 7

Traverse City, US

Thanks Yvan

This has been one of my favorite places to visit from Fall thru Winter. You can't beat the view and it's an easy drive up from the city. All the snow this winter has provided some really beautiful scenery for us Nikon photographers. And I agree about the clouds....they make a lot of shots really pop. Appreciate the nice comments.

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #71506 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.