Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #71409
View in linear mode

Subject: "A road with a view" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 17-Jan-13 02:00 AM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"A road with a view"

Traverse City, US

On any given weekend you can take a drive down HIghway 68 which runs the length of the west side of Utah Lake for more than 30 miles and never see another car or truck. And the scenery along the way is breath taking. I've driven this road many times since I arrived here early last September and each time the landscape changes, dramatically sometimes, depending on the weather and the beautiful light it brings with it.

D800E Nikon 24-120 f4 1/250 at f 8 ISO 100 matrix metering

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: A road with a view
Izzie Gold Member
18th Jan 2013
psf914
19th Jan 2013
NatureDon Silver Member
19th Jan 2013
psf914
19th Jan 2013
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
19th Jan 2013
psf914
20th Jan 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
19th Jan 2013
psf914
20th Jan 2013
jdjackson Silver Member
19th Jan 2013
psf914
20th Jan 2013
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Jan 2013
psf914
28th Jan 2013
OldCodger
28th Jan 2013
psf914
28th Jan 2013

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Fri 18-Jan-13 02:56 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 0

Chesterfield, US

Lonely road but what a beautiful sight...nicely done!

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 19-Jan-13 03:14 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 1

Traverse City, US

Thanks Izzie

You only have to drive 20 minutes in any direction from Orem and you have great scenery like this to enjoy. The nice thing about this road is it is quiet and all along the way to the left you're looking at Utah Lake and the Rockies to the East. So lots of different views to photograph along the way and no one to get in your way...

cheers
Peter

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007Sat 19-Jan-13 01:45 AM
1015 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Peter, I am really enjoying the photos from Utah that you have been sharing lately. Some of your best over the past few years, IMO, and that is saying something. Thanks for sharing them...makes me want to get there.

Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 19-Jan-13 03:17 PM
#4. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 2

Traverse City, US

Thanks Don

If you do decide to explore this part of the country Orem makes a great base camp. It's just a short drive to the big canyons near Salt Lake, all the various ranges to the West, the open range land south of here, Provo and the Alpine Loop and Nebo Loop near Payson... and a few hours to the big Parks like Zion and Bryce. I couldn't have asked for a better place to be assigned for a project...

Peter

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Sat 19-Jan-13 03:32 PM
52164 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Nice image and great composition.

Well done.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 20-Jan-13 06:21 PM
#8. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 5

Traverse City, US

Thanks Gerold

This is a beautiful place to explore and as you can tell from this posting...a place where you can enjoy the peace and quiet and have time to get some great landscapes without having someone get in your way. Very peaceful here.

Peter

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Sat 19-Jan-13 03:39 PM
4402 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Very beautiful country.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 20-Jan-13 06:22 PM
#9. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 6

Traverse City, US

It is Larry

Don't know if you've ever been out here but it's wonderful for us landscape photographers.

Peter

jdjackson Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2011Sat 19-Jan-13 04:47 PM
72 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 0

American Fork, US

Hi Peter,

I am enjoying seeing your pictures in my "back yard". I live in American Fork. I've been on this road many times, but usually on my bike. Here are a couple of shots I took on that very same highway.

Thanks!
Jim

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 20-Jan-13 06:25 PM
#10. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 7

Traverse City, US

You've got a very nice backyard here Jim

I love this region and look forward to the coming months and getting south to the some of the National Parks. And as I pointed out in my post and your photos support that... not another vehicle in the shot for as far as you can see.

cheers
Peter

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Mon 28-Jan-13 03:59 AM
4768 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Very nice image.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Mon 28-Jan-13 05:00 PM
#12. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 11

Traverse City, US

Thanks JD

Lots of great places to point a camera at out here.

cheers
Peter

OldCodger Registered since 15th Oct 2011Mon 28-Jan-13 05:35 PM
606 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 12

Sawbridgeworth Hertfordshire, UK

A great place to go out and relax just for the views.
I guess that road with its dips and rises encourages a sedate pace well suited to having the time to stop and stare at the beauty.
Fortunately these pictures have done the stopping for us and all we have to do is stare and enjoy the result.
Richard

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Mon 28-Jan-13 11:57 PM
#14. "RE: A road with a view"
In response to Reply # 13

Traverse City, US

Thanks Richard

There are lots of places like this in Utah...dirt roads that run into the mountains and open range...along rivers and thru cattle country. It really is a beautiful place with lots of room to relax and just enjoy the incredible scenery.

cheers

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #71409 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.