Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70965
View in linear mode

Subject: "Winter Jogger" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 27-Dec-12 11:13 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Winter Jogger"
Thu 27-Dec-12 11:15 PM by psf914

Traverse City, US

I've said in other posts here that the mountains in Utah add a beautiful backdrop to almost anything you photograph. I was on the way back from another weekend in the Rockies when I pulled into a local subdivision in Pleasant Grove to check my shots when a young woman jogged by. With those mountains looming in the background I fired off a couple shots. Played around with the final results in Color Efex Pro 4 and ended up with this. Cropped for panoramic. The church in the center of the frame is one of the LDS neighborhood churches that you'll find everywhere here...some just a few blocks from each other.

Nikon D800E and Nikon 24-120 f4

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pixmax Registered since 07th Nov 2012Fri 28-Dec-12 05:16 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Winter Jogger"
In response to Reply # 0

MX

Yes, another beautiful image from you, wish I lived on those places instead of the boring semi desert at hometown.

Antonio

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 29-Dec-12 02:14 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Winter Jogger"
In response to Reply # 1

Traverse City, US

Thanks Antonio

I'm from Northern Michigan which is a beautiful place as well. One of the advantages of this job is having time in various places around the country to explore and enjoy the landscape and people I meet. Can't beat it.

Peter

pixmax Registered since 07th Nov 2012Sun 30-Dec-12 12:40 AM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Winter Jogger"
In response to Reply # 2

MX

Hi Peter
I know you are not looking for critic here but I would venture to note that to my twisted opinion I think the WB is just a bit off giving a slight blue cast to the image. But again I was not in the scene to judge it.

Antonio

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sun 30-Dec-12 12:58 PM
#4. "RE: Winter Jogger"
In response to Reply # 3

Traverse City, US

It does look a little blue...given the overcast and blue that reflects from Utah Lake which runs thru the entire region. Good catch. That can easily be corrected in Photoshop with camera settings. Appreciate the input Antonio

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70965 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.