Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70911
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sunshine on the Open Range" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 25-Dec-12 08:30 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sunshine on the Open Range"

Traverse City, US

After a week of overcast and off and on snow showers the sun finally came out for an entire day here in this part of Utah. Drove out west of Orem to the historic Pony Express Route that runs thru this part of Utah and into Nevada. Along the way found some nice morning and afternoon sunlight to work with.

Shot with D800E and Nikon 24-120 f4. Posted with Color Efex Pro 4 detail enhancer

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Sunshine on the Open Range
NatureDon Silver Member
26th Dec 2012
psf914
26th Dec 2012
MasterDabber Silver Member
26th Dec 2012
psf914
26th Dec 2012
nkcllewis Silver Member
26th Dec 2012
psf914
26th Dec 2012
dagoldst Silver Member
27th Dec 2012
psf914
27th Dec 2012
Hans Ztz Silver Member
27th Dec 2012
psf914
27th Dec 2012
pixmax
28th Dec 2012
psf914
29th Dec 2012
landism
29th Dec 2012
psf914
29th Dec 2012
VR8 Silver Member
29th Dec 2012
psf914
29th Dec 2012

NatureDon Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2007Wed 26-Dec-12 01:26 AM
927 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Beautiful photos Peter. I especially like the second one.

Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Wed 26-Dec-12 11:32 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 1

Traverse City, US

Thanks Don

This place is a landscape photographers dream. Especially this time of year. Color season was also spectacular. And I'm looking forward to Spring in the Canyons and all of the wild flowers.

Peter

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Wed 26-Dec-12 07:30 AM
3249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 0

Camberley, GB

These are great Peter. I love the light. This is a beautiful part of the world and I hope to get back there before too long (and your images keep tempting me .
Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Wed 26-Dec-12 11:34 PM
#5. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 2

Traverse City, US

Thanks Derek

I would highly recommend this part of the state as a good base to see a lot. Of course the big National Parks like Zion and Bryce are several hours drive south but there is so much you can see in less than a hours drive from Orem in any direction...

Peter

nkcllewis Silver Member Charter MemberWed 26-Dec-12 03:46 PM
4859 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 0

Washington, US

Very pretty; makes one want to visit. thanks for sharing,

Kent in VA

"A poor worker always blames his tools" Anonymous

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Wed 26-Dec-12 11:37 PM
#6. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 3

Traverse City, US

Thanks Kent

I was very fortunate to get assigned here for a long term project ... I try to get some place new every weekend as long as the weather cooperates. The mountain ranges are stacked in rows as you drive east and west thru this part of the state. Get around one range and theres another very different looking set of mountain peaks to enjoy...the place is incredible. The best part... You can drive to places here where you won't hear or see another human most of the day. For me that's a real treat.

cheers
Peter

dagoldst Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012Thu 27-Dec-12 01:48 AM
2082 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 0

Little Rock, US

I like them both - good job.

David

"Sawed that board three times and it is still too short... "

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 27-Dec-12 12:32 PM
#9. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 7

Traverse City, US

Thanks David,

The challenge here is deciding which shots to keep and which to delete. With the D800E you fill up a 16gb card and you've got a encyclopedia's worth of files...so I'm spending a lot more time editing in camera before I dump to my Mac. And with so much to photograph out here it's tough deciding some times.

Peter

Hans Ztz Silver Member Awarded for his outstandig Landscape Images. Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2009Thu 27-Dec-12 05:35 AM
1086 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 0

Regensburg, DE

Beautiful shots and an awesome landscape

Ciao - Hans (Bavaria/Germany)

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 27-Dec-12 12:35 PM
#10. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 8

Traverse City, US

Thanks Hans

This is one of the most scenic locations I've worked. I try to get out before sunrise on the weekends, get to a nice location and see what happens with the light when it comes over the mountains. The same location can look completely different from day to day depending on weather and lighting. And this location in Orem is a great starting point to see lots of the State.

cheers
Peter

pixmax Registered since 07th Nov 2012Fri 28-Dec-12 04:18 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 0

MX

Hi Peter,
Both very nice images but I’m partial to the second one, sky and light over the mountain really does it and first plane is the icing over the cake.

Antonio

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 29-Dec-12 02:01 PM
#13. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 11

Traverse City, US

Thanks Antonio,

A number of people I know who've traveled thru Utah have said it was the most beautiful part of the U.S. they had seen. Utah is one of the most spectacular places I've had the great fortune to live in and appreciate. But the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, the rocky coastline of Northern Maine, even the incredible parries in Oklahoma and Kansas are breathtaking. And it nice to see so many photographers here documenting those places with such wonderful detail.

Peter

landism Registered since 22nd Oct 2011Sat 29-Dec-12 01:09 PM
476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

Beautiful!

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 29-Dec-12 02:02 PM
#14. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 12

Traverse City, US

Thanks Mark

It's hard to go a day here and not find something incredible to photograph. As the seasons change so does the landscape.

Peter

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Sat 29-Dec-12 06:50 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

Very nice shots. Nice color, composition and detail.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Sat 29-Dec-12 10:44 PM
#16. "RE: Sunshine on the Open Range"
In response to Reply # 15

Traverse City, US

Thanks Victor

I've been concentrating on the region Northwest of here for a few weeks now since some of the back roads have closed for winter. Looking forward to getting further south after New Years and finding some new scenery.

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70911 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.