Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70764
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hatchlands Park" Previous topic | Next topic
MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Wed 19-Dec-12 12:55 PM
3211 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Hatchlands Park"

Camberley, GB

Hatchlands Park was built in the 1750s for Admiral Edward Boscawen and his wife Fanny. They gave architect, Robert Adam, one of his earliest commissions. His work can be seen in interiors throughout the house.

Derek

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"
My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Hatchlands Park
rb4good Silver Member
19th Dec 2012
russg Silver Member
19th Dec 2012
MasterDabber Silver Member
20th Dec 2012
psf914
21st Dec 2012
Izzie Gold Member
21st Dec 2012
MasterDabber Silver Member
22nd Dec 2012

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Wed 19-Dec-12 01:19 PM
4027 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Hatchlands Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Nicely done panaramic looking image,Derek. Composition and pp are spot on.

Rick

russg Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2007Wed 19-Dec-12 02:36 PM
1165 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Hatchlands Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

That's an impressive estate, Derek, and very nicely captured. Love the pano crop.

Russ

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Thu 20-Dec-12 12:26 PM
3211 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Hatchlands Park"
In response to Reply # 2

Camberley, GB

Thanks a lot Rick and Russ, glad it works for you. Yes, it's very nice house and estate and is situated in the county of Surrey in the UK.
Inside the house there is the world’s largest collection of composer related keyboards upon which J.C.Bach, Chopin, Mahler & Elgar, to mention a few, have played.

Derek

My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Fri 21-Dec-12 12:10 AM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Hatchlands Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Traverse City, US

Beautiful shot Derek really like the color contrast and what a great sky. Very nice composition.
Peter

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Fri 21-Dec-12 08:38 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Hatchlands Park"
In response to Reply # 0

Chesterfield, US

Very nice composition. The colours are beautiful and contrasty (?) Seems like a nice place too, my kind of place -- keyboards...did you take photos of the inside too?

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

MasterDabber Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2005Sat 22-Dec-12 07:45 AM
#6. "RE: Hatchlands Park"
In response to Reply # 5

Camberley, GB

Thanks a lot Peter and Izzie. I always think that type of sky is more interesting if you are lucky enough to have those conditions.

Izzie. Unfortunately you are only allowed to photograph externally in most National Trust properties, of which this is one of hundreds.
Photography inside is mostly banned although you see the odd mobile phone being used secretly... but you wouldn't get away with that with a DSLR.

Derek

My Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70764 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.