Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70686
View in linear mode

Subject: "Arizona Winter" Previous topic | Next topic
rosewood_ltd Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Sep 2008Mon 17-Dec-12 02:48 AM
456 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Arizona Winter"

Akron, US

Along Oak Creek, Rte 89A, North of Sedona
A large winter storm system had moved through the region over the preceding two days. We were staying in Flagstaff and spent the afternoon in Jerome, by way of Sedona.

D800, Nikkor 28-70, f11, ISO 320, 1/1600

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Zenfolio page: www.yellowcreekstudio.zenfolio.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Arizona Winter
dagoldst Silver Member
17th Dec 2012
Rassie Silver Member
17th Dec 2012
rosewood_ltd Silver Member
17th Dec 2012
Izzie Gold Member
19th Dec 2012
DaddySS Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
21st Dec 2012

dagoldst Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012Mon 17-Dec-12 12:59 PM
2354 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Arizona Winter"
In response to Reply # 0

Little Rock, US

This is just a beautiful shot - the contrasts of color and snow is what makes it for me.

David

"Sawed that board three times and it is still too short... "

Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Mon 17-Dec-12 04:54 PM
3035 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Arizona Winter"
In response to Reply # 0

Milton, CA

Beautiful picture, Russel.
I like your excellent control of tones and contrast.

I would be tempted to crop or clone out the fence in the bottom left hand corner. I have a phobia about man-made objects in otherwise natural landscape shots.

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

rosewood_ltd Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Sep 2008Mon 17-Dec-12 05:16 PM
456 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Arizona Winter"
In response to Reply # 2

Akron, US

Thanks, David, Rassie.
Agree on the fence, I'll need to get rid of that when I have the chance. Still traveling right now, though, so will have to wait.

I am extremely excited today, leaving in about 10 min for an overnight trip to Grand Canyon - my first visit.

Regards,

Russ

My Zenfolio page: www.yellowcreekstudio.zenfolio.com

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Wed 19-Dec-12 09:09 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Arizona Winter"
In response to Reply # 0

Chesterfield, US

I still like the shot despite of the fence down there at the corner. Or I am really biased about that part of the State. I like Arizona -- it where I had seen my first beautiful sunset: it feels like being embraced by God at the time. Now this scenery is what I haven't seen while visiting there as we only went there in the summer.

You have done a good job here.

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

DaddySS Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Dec 2006Fri 21-Dec-12 09:44 PM
836 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Arizona Winter"
In response to Reply # 0

Woodcliff Lake NJ, & Jacksonvi, US

Beautiful shot, well done!

Richard

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70686 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.