nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70499
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sagebrush and Mountain Tops" Previous topic | Next topic
psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 11-Dec-12 01:25 AM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"

Traverse City, US

The first heavy snowfall of the year and very cold overnight temperatures created some interesting light and fog on the open range land west of here Sunday morning. This is on the way to Grantsville about 35 miles west of Orem about an hour after sunrise.

Nikon D800E Nikon 24-120 f4 ISO 100

Punched up the detail with Detail Extractor in Color Efex Pro 2

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops
DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer
11th Dec 2012
psf914
11th Dec 2012
Project ICE
11th Dec 2012
psf914
11th Dec 2012
mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
12th Dec 2012
psf914
13th Dec 2012
Hans Ztz Silver Member Awarded for his outstandig Landscape Images.
18th Dec 2012
psf914
19th Dec 2012
Izzie Gold Member
18th Dec 2012
psf914
19th Dec 2012

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Tue 11-Dec-12 02:01 AM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Sea of gray, sure looks cold to me.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 11-Dec-12 03:30 PM
3063 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 11-Dec-12 11:45 PM by psf914

Traverse City, US

Temps were hovering around 23 degrees and it snowed off and on all day. Winter is here despite the fact it doesn't officially begin until December 21. Locals tell me this has been very mild. Good thing is...they tell me when we get a heavy snow, the animals like Mountain Goats, Elk, and Pronghorn come down to the flats to feed so I should have an opportunity or two this winter to include some of them in the landscape.

Project ICE Registered since 11th Dec 2012Tue 11-Dec-12 09:56 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 0

paramus, US

Wow, I am impressed

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 11-Dec-12 11:49 PM
#4. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 3

Traverse City, US

Thanks Ryan

You have to see this part of the country in person to really appreciate it. At this point having seen a lot of the U.S. this is on the top of the A list.

cheers
Peter

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Wed 12-Dec-12 12:53 PM
4469 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

I like it. The cold comes right through the image.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Thu 13-Dec-12 01:51 PM
#6. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 5

Traverse City, US

Thanks Larry

I just bought some cold weather gear for crawling around in the snow this winter. It's been pretty mild so far but the locals tell me it's going to get bitterly cold by the end of the month. So..the 800E will get a good test in the cold shortly.

Peter

Hans Ztz Silver Member Awarded for his outstandig Landscape Images. Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2009Tue 18-Dec-12 06:19 AM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 0

Regensburg, DE

wonderful light on the mountains .... well done Peter
Ciao - Hans (Bavaria/Germany)

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Wed 19-Dec-12 07:43 PM
#9. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 7

Traverse City, US

Thanks Hans

The D800E was made for this kind of lighting. It handles contrast very well ...the range is better than any camera I've owned.

Peter

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Tue 18-Dec-12 11:59 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 0

Chesterfield, US

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........snow! Snow sceneries are good to look at but I prefer to leave it there where it is. I don't envy you people for having snow so early. We have cold here in Central but no snow yet. Good shot!

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

psf914 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Wed 19-Dec-12 07:46 PM
#10. "RE: Sagebrush and Mountain Tops"
In response to Reply # 8

Traverse City, US

Hey Izzie

I spent some time in Missouri got pretty cold there in the winter. Not like it does at 5000 feet which is ground level here in Utah but I remember snow there. I've spent a few bucks over the past month putting together a warm weather outfit to deal with the even colder weather that's on it's way. Looking forward to crawling around in the snow and trying to sneak up on some grazing Pronghorns in the coming weeks.

Peter

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70499 Previous topic | Next topic