Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70416
View in linear mode

Subject: "Midgley Bridge" Previous topic | Next topic
DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Sat 08-Dec-12 04:45 AM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Midgley Bridge"

Phoenix, US

Just outside of Sedona in Oak Creek Canyon I got a chance to try out my new fisheye lens. With a 180 degree view it's tricky to keep your feet out of the shot. I think I'm going to have some fun with this one. It was a Black Friday deal from B&H and I needed an early Christmas present to myself Did anyone else get one too?

D7000 f/16 1/80s ISO 100 Rokinon 8mm fisheye

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Midgley Bridge
dagoldst Silver Member
08th Dec 2012
DeanAZ Moderator
08th Dec 2012
pixmax
08th Dec 2012
DeanAZ Moderator
09th Dec 2012
Nitehawk5169 Gold Member
09th Dec 2012

dagoldst Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012Sat 08-Dec-12 01:39 PM
1971 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Midgley Bridge"
In response to Reply # 0

Little Rock, US

Dean,

Very impressive shot, love the contrast, color and composition.

How are you liking the Rokinon?

David

"Sawed that board three times and it is still too short... "

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Sat 08-Dec-12 03:57 PM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Midgley Bridge"
In response to Reply # 1

Phoenix, US

Thanks, David. I'm really liking the Rokinon. I would say it's a much better value than the price would indicate. AF is not very important at this focal length but I do get focus confirmation and metering. The fisheye distortion seems quite pleasing and I don't see any complicated distortion effect as some other more expensive fisheyes produce (stretching in the corners, mustache effect, etc.). It has great contrast and sharpness.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

pixmax Registered since 07th Nov 2012Sat 08-Dec-12 09:31 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Midgley Bridge"
In response to Reply # 2

MX

Nice scene and excellent image…got me thinking on a Christmas present!!! It's a splendid idea and a well deserved justification

Antonio

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Sun 09-Dec-12 02:27 PM
#4. "RE: Midgley Bridge"
In response to Reply # 3

Phoenix, US

Thanks, Antonio. At that price it's almost a stocking stuffer compared to most lens prices.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Nitehawk5169 Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2010Sun 09-Dec-12 07:48 PM
346 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Midgley Bridge"
In response to Reply # 0

Williamstown, US

Dean,

I like your way of Christmas shopping. It will be interesting to see what you can do with the fisheye and the AZ terrain. It works well in tight quarters and may render some great shots with the colorful rock formations of your area. I had a ball with mine in London last year. Now, lets see, I need to do some shopping for myself. Oh wait, I forgot, I just got a softbox for my SB900 Friday night. Have fun!

Mike

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Landscape (Public) topic #70416 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.